Organissimo on the RADIO!

Hi everyone,

Just a quick note: Jim Wilke, the host of Jazz After Hours, will be playing a track off our new CD tomorrow (Sunday). His show is syndicated on 60 stations around the country so if you're home just chillin', consider tuning in. www.jazzafterhours.org

Also, tracks from our CD are being played via the internet on http://www.live365.com/stations/leslieoverdrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I jump in my car to get some lunch this afternoon, turn on WEMU here in Ann Arbor and guess what's playin'??

Only the baddest organ trio to come out of Mid-Michigan! :)

Sweet!

WEMU has been getting requests for the CD... Now we gotta get a gig at

the Firefly! Talk to Paul Keller... B)

Chuck,

I don't think we'll be doing the BOB anytime soon. I personally dislike playing there. The last gig we had, so many things went wrong. First off Joe and I were late getting there from Lansing. Then as I'm rolling my Leslie in, the damn cracked sidewalk in front catches one of the casters and rips it right out. So now I have an un-rollable, leaning Leslie. Then we play our assess off for three sets and there's no one there who cares. And as we load out I pull my back out lifting the pedals of the organ. My back is still messed up.

It was a bad night, suffice to say. Plus the staff at that place are very rude, IMO. I used to play there with my blues band but we stopped because the staff are such assholes. One of their waitresses mistreated my wife (came to the table maybe twice the whole night, tried to overcharge her for her drinks by taking out her own tip, etc...) and so we told the manager and then we hear from the booking agent that the waitstaff was complaining about us.

I could go on and on about that place. If I never played there again, that would be fine with me. We play a lot of places in Grand Rapids, so not playing the BOB is no skin off my back.

So, you booked back into the BOB anytime soon?

Hey Chuck,

The BOB really doesn't offer too many opportunities to play there.. The WGVU Jazz Nite does a different act every week and the only other opportunity that might be a possibility would be the Crush Lounge on a Friday..

We are booked for the next 3 months at Billy's Lounge the first Tues of every month and starting in May, we'll be doing one Wed a month at Bistro Bella Vita, downtown GR.. I'll keep you posted...

I know about most of the BOB negatives, but I planned on attending your last gig there and something else intervened. Because of various comittments my wife and I have our "free" nights are limited and I was bummed I could not go then.

Chuck,

We've been getting played every week on Wilke's show! Check the new thread I started. It's the playlist for this weekend.... Take care and have a "jazzy weekend"... B)