organissimo: 2000 - 2010

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to express my sincere appreciation for all the support everyone has given us over the yea

For the next few years, I've decided to put music on the back burner while I go to school full-time to get a degree in nursing, among other endeavors (all good).

Oh....when I read (just today, I'm late to the thread, sorry) you were going to Milwaukee to pursue greater personal fulfillment, I thought you were gonna go chasing after either bad beer or loose Lutherans.

Glad to hear it's something that actually makes sense!

interesting, that nursing seems to be the fall-back profession for jazz musicians...

Take a survey among musicians & ask them have (or have had) nurses as either wives or girlfriends...

LTB was a nurse when I met her. Now she's a project manager.

Either way, life with a musician has come in handy...

if those stockings could talk.....

They'd probably have some nasty-ass breath...

Edited by JSngry

it was very sad on the day Jim and Joe said goodbye to each other - Jim off to Norway, Joe off to Nursing School:

kissersthekiss.jpg

but still, life must go on............

Little bit of trivia. That woman seen kissing in that famous photo was later identified as Edith Shain, who went on to be my wife's kindergarten teacher.

saw Randy play with Gerard Gibbs and Nelson Rangell this evening in Toledo. Rangell didn't seem to fit and the music really kicked when he took his breaks. Well, I guess he had his moments, but Randy and Gibbs were absolutely natural together. Seemed as if they had been playing together for years. Really enjoyed the evening. Thanks Randy!

Glad I got to see you in person a couple times. Thanks to Paul for organizing that!

Those were good times, Greg. I just got around to reading this thread. Randy told me tonight at his Toledo gig with Gibbs and Rangell about the breakup. Joe spoke to me about nursing school last time he was in Toledo,and I never knew how imminent it was. I am now a registered nurse and obtained it at the age of 50. Happy working my 36hrs/week in a local hospital. Joe will make a fine nurse. Love the job and love the hours. I shed a tear for Organissimo, but life is about change. Randy was simply awesome playing with Gerard Gibbs. There is a second and third life still ahead for all of you.

Glad I got to see you in person a couple times. Thanks to Paul for organizing that!

Those were good times, Greg. I just got around to reading this thread. Randy told me tonight at his Toledo gig with Gibbs and Rangell about the breakup. Joe spoke to me about nursing school last time he was in Toledo,and I never knew how imminent it was. I am now a registered nurse and obtained it at the age of 50. Happy working my 36hrs/week in a local hospital. Joe will make a fine nurse. Love the job and love the hours. I shed a tear for Organissimo, but life is about change. Randy was simply awesome playing with Gerard Gibbs. There is a second and third life still ahead for all of you.

You're right, and that's a good thing. Congratulations! So, the next time I see you, can I make jokes about Gaylord Focker, male nurse, from Meet the Parents? I'd post a picture of Ben Stiller but I can't figure out how to do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Infrequent visits to this place these days leads to discovering threads long after they've been started, discussed, and put to bed, but....

As long as I live, one of my greatest regrets will always be not ever seeing Organissimo live, and while that certainly doesn't make me any less fortunate than everyone else out there, my sadness lies in the fact that I was so close yet so far: I was in Michigan visiting family and the band was set to play in Grand Rapids the week I was up there. So what happens? I get to the club only to find out the gig's been cancelled because of power outages all across the city from storms earlier that evening! {{{sigh}}}

We all hung out that evening and had a great time: Jim, Joe, Randy, Chuck, Skid, and the bass player who's name escapes me now. In a way, perhaps it wasn't too terrible that I missed the gig because, in its place, I had the pleasure of hanging out with guys who I still call good friends to this day.

Thanks for the music, guys. But even more importantly, thanks for the memories.