Time For Location Specifics

Dan Gould

Which Is Your Preferred Meeting place?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Since this and other polls have been already created, I would respectfully also submit that a vote for Lansing be equated with a vote for Ann Arbor/Detroit or that this and other Lansing polls be closed and that a new poll featuring Ann Arbor/Detroit be created in its place - provided of course that the board members do in fact agree that Ann Arbor/Detroit is in actually what was really intended when we said that it would be great to catch an Organissimo performance in Lansing.

Looks like a new poll is in order ;)

Actually its a well argued point, Ed, the one thing that would concern me is that the event would need to coincide with a gig, and I wonder how far in advance that notice could be given?

Since this and other polls have been already created, I would respectfully also submit that a vote for Lansing be equated with a vote for Ann Arbor/Detroit or that this and other Lansing polls be closed and that a new poll featuring Ann Arbor/Detroit be created in its place - provided of course that the board members do in fact agree that Ann Arbor/Detroit is in actually what was really intended when we said that it would be great to catch an Organissimo performance in Lansing.

Looks like a new poll is in order ;)

Actually its a well argued point, Ed, the one thing that would concern me is that the event would need to coincide with a gig, and I wonder how far in advance that notice could be given?

Ed made several good points. My vote, this time, was still for Lansing, for the reasons I stated before, but of course, the majority rules. Chicago and St Louis were the next in line for me. I don't want to end up in Lansing, if everyone else is somewhere else. The whole idea is to get together in a location that is fairly easy to get to, and if we hear the band too, well that would be icing on the cake. The first consideration is getting together and meeting our fellow board members. If it's too far, or too expensive, that may discourage some from attending, so maybe put that into the equasion. That's not an issue for people who live in the area, but it is for people like me who have to come a fair distance and aren't millionaires. :blink:

Edited by patricia

I like your thinking on this, Ed. There are two jazz clubs that we play at in Ann Arbor. The challenge is booking a date at one or the other that gives everyone enough lead time to make travel arrangements. Normally we book one to two months in advance, which is not much lead time for such things.

I like your thinking on this, Ed. There are two jazz clubs that we play at in Ann Arbor. The challenge is booking a date at one or the other that gives everyone enough lead time to make travel arrangements. Normally we book one to two months in advance, which is not much lead time for such things.

I like the idea as well.

Again, I can put some people up. I live only 45 minutes from Ann Arbor.

The idea should be to see Organissimo live locally, and we can all get together in a big city later in the year (like Chicago.)

We also may have some hits in metro Detroit. I've been in contact with the management at Baker's Keyboard Lounge about getting in there next year.

If we could nail down a date and how many people were actually going to make the trip, I think I could convince either club owner in Ann Arbor to give us a weekend... especially if a decent amount of people were coming specifically to hear us.

Now Ann Arbour looks good and all that needs to be determined is when. As I mentioned, anytime after the end of June would be good for me.

I'd really like a couple of months lead time to make plans, but, as has been mentioned, by everyone, the thing is to get together and a gig in Ann Arbour would be a great place to do that. It seems a little livelier than Lansing, no offence to Lansing, of course. :wub:

Edited by patricia

If we could nail down a date and how many people were actually going to make the trip, I think I could convince either club owner in Ann Arbor to give us a weekend... especially if a decent amount of people were coming specifically to hear us.

Well, let's count em up.

Here's two (me and Brian.)

Now Ann Arbor looks good yet its last in the polls ...  :wacko:

These polls of yours keep changing, Dan.

I thought Lansing already beat out St. Louis in the other poll?

Now Chicago has been thrown in. What about Ann Arbor?

Again, I feel we are talking about two different meetings here. The Ann Arbor meeting refers to the opportunity to catch Organissimo live in a small club and it can serve as a get together at the same time.

The Chicago meeting will be a grander affair with potentially more people showing up.

If you don't want to come to Ann Arbor, then that's fine Dan. I realize that you will be coming from a long distance. But there are quite a few of us who are willing to see Organissimo in Ann Arbor. These same people might also go to Chicago later on as well.

Edited by connoisseur series500