Paris Jazz Corner

John L

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I've visited the store several times during this trip to Paris. It appears to be thriving in its usual cool way, open only on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as it has been for some years, but generally with customers. I helped them out by buying some cds. Just charity of course.......

gregmo

You obviously went to the secondary adress at 8 rue de Nancy.

The main adress (at Rue de Navarre) was open a few days ago. They are usually open from Tuesday to Saturday. They have been busy buying large collections and may have closed for a few days to make room for the new acquisitions.

PJC has released the excellent Lenny Popkin CD 'Time Set' recently

Time Set

Edited by brownie

The main adress (at Rue de Navarre) was open a few days ago. They are usually open from Tuesday to Saturday. They have been busy buying large collections and may have closed for a few days to make room for the new acquisitions.

Time Set

Rue de Nancy is the *real* store--the cool one! :smirk:

gregmo

• 2 weeks later...

Time Set

Is that from the same night that was broadcast on France Musique?

Time Set

No idea which broadcast you talking about.

Half of 'Time Set' was recorded in New York. The other half was recorded in Paris on April 5 and May 24, 2006.

Time Set

No idea which broadcast you talking about.

Half of 'Time Set' was recorded in New York. The other half was recorded in Paris on April 5 and May 24, 2006.

Hm, I thought there was a more recent Paris broadcast, but turns out the one I meant dates fro 2002. Info (but no music) still on my blog:

http://ubu-space.blogspot.ch/2010/04/lenny-popkin-paris-2002.html

I also found there's an "Open Jazz" show on France Musique from September that can still be streamed for nearly a month:

http://sites.radiofrance.fr/francemusique/em/open-jazz/emission.php?e_id=65000050&d_id=515002548

Guess I got to grab me a copy of that new disc!

• 4 years later...
2 hours ago, EKE BBB said:

Is Paris Jazz Corner still opened?

At least it looks like their website is working, although it's been a while since the last time I ordered from them.

It was last year when I visited the store. I'll check again in September.

gregmo

8 hours ago, brownie said:

Yes the Paris Rue de Navarre store is still open. The owner (Arnaud Boubet) has moved to Sommieres in southern France where he has opened another Paris Jazz Corner shop.

In the Cevennes? Beautiful area! Not sure there will be a very big market in little Sommieres for jazz, though!

gregmo

Thanks for the update, brownie.

Here's wishing to return to Paris some day soon. It's been a good bunch of years since my last visit and...

I love Paris in the spring time 
I love Paris in the fall 
I love Paris in the winter when it drizzles 
I love Paris in the summer when it sizzles

15 hours ago, brownie said:

The owner (Arnaud Boubet) has moved to Sommieres in southern France where he has opened another Paris Jazz Corner shop.

Ouch. I should have known that. Last week I came back from 12 days of holidays about 50 kms west of Montpellier. Not an impossible distance from Sommières (in fact I even drove through that place in May last year one Saturday morning when I was near Nimes for another event during our holidays in the region!).

Edited by Big Beat Steve