Consumer goods made in America

I saw a report tonight that it takes 3 years to obtain a patent in the U.S.. That doesn't exactly encourage invention or manufacture. We deserve this kind of nonsense because we vote greedy, self-centered idiots into office. People who think the internet is a series of tubes, that weather conditions can be changed by prayer, that a book of fiction written by unenlightened people in an unenlightened age is really the work of some mystical entity and should be followed. We are largely governed by ignoramuses who were put there by other ignoramuses.

That is an underlying reason why we no longer manufacture consumer goods.

Nessa records and cds are made in the USA. How many do you have?

Not enough! I'll have to ask for one for my birthday!:)

By the way, Chuck. Whatever you are doing certainly is working considering your success in getting the Von Freeman played on Sirius XM and promoted in Amazon emails. But have you ever considered using Terri Hinte as your publicist? She's supposed to be the best.

I'm reminded of a short piece I read in the NY Times Metropolitan Diary a couple of years ago: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/23/nyregion/23diary.html

The first short article in the column is what I'm referring to. I don't think that the goods referred to (& I wore them back then) were ever made in the U.S., but the irony is still there.

Edited by paul secor

Nessa records and cds are made in the USA. How many do you have?

Not enough! I'll have to ask for one for my birthday!:)

By the way, Chuck. Whatever you are doing certainly is working considering your success in getting the Von Freeman played on Sirius XM and promoted in Amazon emails. But have you ever considered using Terri Hinte as your publicist? She's supposed to be the best.

If I'm having all this success, why hire someone? :ph34r:

I saw a report tonight that it takes 3 years to obtain a patent in the U.S.. That doesn't exactly encourage invention or manufacture. We deserve this kind of nonsense because we vote greedy, self-centered idiots into office. People who think the internet is a series of tubes, that weather conditions can be changed by prayer, that a book of fiction written by unenlightened people in an unenlightened age is really the work of some mystical entity and should be followed. We are largely governed by ignoramuses who were put there by other ignoramuses.

That is an underlying reason why we no longer manufacture consumer goods.

I think another underlying reason is that we've come to expect a certain level of income without regard for the work being done. It's cheaper to farm industrial/manufacturing work out to other countries where people are willing to do the same jobs for significantly cheaper income.

Side note - Baristas at Starbucks probably make more in tips than alot of people in poorer countries. Why is that? And why should I be expected to tip someone for making my coffee when I don't have to tip basically the same person at McDonalds? Who gets to decide which service jobs are tip-worthy and which aren't?