Thicker CDs

trane123

J

The number of CDs that I can't play on my cars CD player seems to be growing. It's not that they won't play -- they do -- it's just that I can't get them out of the damn player. I started noticing this with the new "SHM" (Super High Material, I think) CDs started coming out of Japan. Then some of the European made CDs started exhibiting the same behavior. Now, the last couple of Mosaic sets I've bought have the same problem (including the new Ahmad Jamal set. Strangely enough, I had no problem with CD number 6, but CD number 7 was so difficult to get out I had to resort to tweezers -- ouch).

I don't think its just the player in my particular car. I recently went from a 2006 Ford to a 2010 Mazda with similar results.

Was just wondering if anyone else out there has encountered this situation.

Edited by trane123

Do you notice this consistently with the same CDs? I feel like I've noticed some differences in thickness before but I thought car CD players were notorious for eating CDs, especially the more they are used.

It seems the CDs that work once always work and the ones that have the problem always

have the eject problem.

I haven't had this problem until the last year or so. Weird...especially on two

different makes and models of cars.

Edited by trane123