Upload avatars fixed...

Jim Alfredson

Hey all,

If you don't have webspace to host your own avatar (the little pictures under your name on every post!) you can now upload them from your computer to the board server. They must be 100 x 100 pixels or less and under 20k in size. Click on "My Controls" in the upper right and go to "Edit Avatar Settings".

Have a nice day! :)

So I downloaded a trial gif animator a couple days ago, and I’ve been going through a steep learning curve instead of sleeping. AAJ has seen this avatar go through countless iterations, so I’m pleased to present the final product for my debut here.

By the way, if it doesn’t seem to be doing anything, that’s by design. Perpetual-motion avatars are too distracting for my taste, so there’s 12 seconds of freeze-frame calm interrupted by just a tiny spurt of activity. Hmm, minimalist animation —I think I’m on to something!

Congradulations, B3er! Looks like you put in a lot of effort, and in short period of time, too. You built it and they’re coming!

I left graphic design shortly before the internet craze, but that mindset still forces its way to the surface from time to time. “Flash”? I’ve seen the end results, but I don’t have a clue to the programming. Maybe virginity is renewable!

Flash is very cool and quite easy to use.

Macromedia Webpage

Check out the online tour of it's features (you'll need a flash player installed in your browser!) The only downside is that it's relatively expensive. But, I got a copy from my sister who works at Michigan State University and thus gets a nice educators discount.