What format do you usually use?

GA Russell

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Rostasi thanks, I did a different approximation, by taking the number of albums on my nano 8gb (around 70) and multiplying by 20 giving me around 1400 albums. But I think you estimation is probably more accurate. However, even if I were to do this (put all my collection onto a 160gb ipod) I would need to buy a new pc first with a half a terabyte hard disk. Course the ideal solution is to move to a house big enough to have a 'music room' which could comfortably accomodate CD player, turntable, cassette player, large amp and even larger speakers oh and all the CDs, cassettes and LPs on shelving. So I guess I'll start playing the lottery again. :lol:

Sure no prob. Instead of resorting to mathematics,

I just ran a "smart playlist" in my own iTunes with the 320kbps

coupled with the arbitrary 2-20 minute rule.

I figured that it may give a pretty good spread average by doing this

because of the quantity of tunes that I currently have on this particular drive

at the moment (which is about 156,000 tunes).

110401.jpg

The exact number that it came up with (this first time) in case you're interested:

10326 songs; 35d:9hr:17m:57s; 145GB

Rod

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rostasi thanks, I did a different approximation, by taking the number of albums on my nano 8gb (around 70) and multiplying by 20 giving me around 1400 albums. But I think you estimation is probably more accurate. However, even if I were to do this (put all my collection onto a 160gb ipod) I would need to buy a new pc first with a half a terabyte hard disk. Course the ideal solution is to move to a house big enough to have a 'music room' which could comfortably accomodate CD player, turntable, cassette player, large amp and even larger speakers oh and all the CDs, cassettes and LPs on shelving. So I guess I'll start playing the lottery again. :lol:

Sure no prob. Instead of resorting to mathematics,

I just ran a "smart playlist" in my own iTunes with the 320kbps

coupled with the arbitrary 2-20 minute rule.

I figured that it may give a pretty good spread average by doing this

because of the quantity of tunes that I currently have on this particular drive

at the moment (which is about 156,000 tunes).

110401.jpg

The exact number that it came up with (this first time) in case you're interested:

10326 songs; 35d:9hr:17m:57s; 145GB

Rod

Rod - Interesting and useful. Also I must investigate what an iPod classic can do that a nano can't.