Lester Young/Basie Set Selling Well

tranemonk

I usually don't get into this kind of stuff... but I just received my set.. and it's numbered 4243 of 5000! This is a relatively new set...2008! I have no basis for this but this seems to be selling VERY well...

So if you're on the fence... :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: Grab it while you can.. I think this one is clearly going to sell out soon...

I'm a happy puppy.... :excited:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I realize that there are no absolutes & that everything is relative, and all of that stuff, but...this set is as much of a no-brainer as there's going to be for anybody who wants to know about jazz and not just listen to it. And even if that is just my opinion, it's also the truth! :g

CARPE DIEM!!!

Yeah, I realize that there are no absolutes & that everything is relative, and all of that stuff, but...this set is as much of a no-brainer as there's going to be for anybody who wants to know about jazz and not just listen to it. And even if that is just my opinion, it's also the truth! :g

CARPE DIEM!!!

Is that a Vietnamese fish?

Prez and Basie and no Decca involved? Would this give the entire picture, then?

As for the rest, I am afraid I am quite happy with my run of six 2-LP CBS sets of the Columbia material. ;)

It is not the entire picture, just a beautiful snapshot. It is all Columbia material except for the 1940 small group date with Benny Goodman and Charlie Christian.

Edited by John L

I am pretty sure that it's been discussed before, but the number in the booklet is not always an indicator of the set's sales count. All of the booklets are printed up in advance. The CDs are pressed as needed, usually in quantities of 1,000 (I think). There have been people who have bought some of the last sets on the shelf and gotten low booklet numbers.

Besides, if Mosaic was down to less than 750 sets, I am pretty sure they would flag it as "Running Low".

I am pretty sure that it's been discussed before, but the number in the booklet is not always an indicator of the set's sales count. All of the booklets are printed up in advance. The CDs are pressed as needed, usually in quantities of 1,000 (I think). There have been people who have bought some of the last sets on the shelf and gotten low booklet numbers.

Besides, if Mosaic was down to less than 750 sets, I am pretty sure they would flag it as "Running Low".

Except that up until the recent shipping changes, at least, each booklet had been hand-numbered at the time of shipment to the customer, using a number generated in sequential order by the computer system and appearing on the computer-generated invoice. This was explained to our very own Brad in an email from Mosaic that has been quoted here several times over the past few years. Last I recall, however, Hans had emailed Scott Wenzel asking if this was still the system, and had not yet received a reply.

Hans?

Except that up until the recent shipping changes, at least, each booklet had been hand-numbered at the time of shipment to the customer, using a number generated in sequential order by the computer system and appearing on the computer-generated invoice. This was explained to our very own Brad in an email from Mosaic that has been quoted here several times over the past few years. Last I recall, however, Hans had emailed Scott Wenzel asking if this was still the system, and had not yet received a reply.

Hans?

I never got a reply from Scott about that - which is unusual for him, I might add. They're probably sick of this question (just a guess :))

Prez and Basie and no Decca involved? Would this give the entire picture, then?

As for the rest, I am afraid I am quite happy with my run of six 2-LP CBS sets of the Columbia material. ;)

The sound on the Mosaic set is superior to the old CBS LPs - It's as if a layer of haze has been lifted. If that's not all that important to you, then you already have the music to enjoy.

Hans?

I never got a reply from Scott about that - which is unusual for him, I might add. They're probably sick of this question (just a guess smile.gif)

You should email him again and tell him that it keeps coming up on the Board, and we need a definitive answer! wink.gif

Hans?

I never got a reply from Scott about that - which is unusual for him, I might add. They're probably sick of this question (just a guess smile.gif)

You should email him again and tell him that it keeps coming up on the Board, and we need a definitive answer! wink.gif

I'd rather remain on friendly terms with him ;)

Hans?

I'd rather remain on friendly terms with him wink.gif

Just sent my own inquiry--now he can be annoyed at me. whistling.gif

Hans?

I'd rather remain on friendly terms with him wink.gif

Just sent my own inquiry--now he can be annoyed at me. whistling.gif

Good luck :)