Article on Mosaic from the Stamford Advocate

mjzee

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. Thanks.

Love the photo of Wenzel as a young child sitting in front of his record player, records all over the floor -- much like Steve McQueen and his records all over the floor in the Time photos linked in another thread.

What's the deal with leaving records out of their sleeves all over the floor? I don't remember doing that when I had records.

Edited by papsrus

I was DEFINITELY one of the skeptics. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Interesting that the Crosby and Armstrong are their best sellers. I guess they appeal to an audience outside that of jazz fans. Glad the Crosby worked out for them. I remember taht when ti was announced some of us had our doubts about its appeal.

Anybody know where Cindy went to???? She was truly fantastic!

The company has three full time employees

So now it's just Scott, Fred, and Michael?

Yes.

not to cast a pall here, but there is NO mention of Charlie Lourie, who was not only one of the founders but one of the nicest people ever in the jazz biz. How could they not mention him?

You're right, that's a serious omission.

Michael Cuscuna wasn't quoted in the article, so he probably wasn't interviewed. If he had been, I'm sure that Charlie Lourie would have been mentioned as co-founder of Mosaic.

• 2 weeks later...

not to cast a pall here, but there is NO mention of Charlie Lourie, who was not only one of the founders but one of the nicest people ever in the jazz biz. How could they not mention him?

You're right, that's a serious omission.

Michael Cuscuna wasn't quoted in the article, so he probably wasn't interviewed. If he had been, I'm sure that Charlie Lourie would have been mentioned as co-founder of Mosaic.

Just tonight I stumbled upon this fellow's interview of Cuscuna for JAZZ that was posted two days ago. His name is Gerald C Watson II and writes this on his Facebook page:

Just uploaded my latest interview for JAZZ. Subject is Mosaic Records co-founder and owner Micheal Cuscuna....they pretty much invented the box set:

JAZZ – Michael Cuscuna (Mosaic Records) « New Ish

Though there are typos that makes for difficult comprehension in parts, I found the interview quite interesting. Charlie Lourie is not left out.