Jo Jones

paul secor

One of the rarest Jo Jones recordings must be a concert recording with Illinois Jacquet, tenor; Milt Buckner organ; and a vocalist, Jodie Drake.  It was recorded Aug. 9, 1974 in a small mid-north Ontario town, Minden, as "The Rotary Club Of Minden Presents:  Canadian Blues And Jazz Festival ".  Jo's name is mis-spelled as "Joe" of course.

Tracks include:

Lester Leaps In; Blues From Louisiana; I Want A Little Girl; Ghost Of A Chance;  then, 3 with Jodie -- Ain't Misbehavin'; Sophisticated Lady; a Blues; then the trio wraps up with Flying Home.

It was issued on LP (couple of hundred pressed?) but I've never met any else who has a copy.  Must be some around, maybe in Salvation Army stores... 

10 hours ago, Fabio Baglioni said:

… Sorry once again dear Mr. Gould..!!. O.K.. I do understand a bit better now your oppinions and the lines of this ''Organissomo - Forum''.. From now,(*Wednesday 12*septb..) I won 't post long lists of Items to sell..-

-

Let me try to explain as clearly as possible.

There is a sub-forum called "offering and looking for." You can post sale lists there.

Things that you can not offer for sale include: CDRs, MP3s, dubbed DVDs, video files, etc., of bootlegged concerts/pirated material and the like.

You can offer for sale commercial LPs, CDs, cassettes, VHS/DVD/Beta, books, and the like, but only in the "offering and looking for" section.

no trades.

thanks. 

This thread of..: Jo Jones by Paul Secor was at  page,167 totally ''dead and forgotten''. I replyed at this thread and soon I 've received a complain of NOT to go back in the years..
Now I see that due to my 'mistakes' some other Furom members have replyed, posted comments, shared informactions, found Jo Jones records,L.P..Please, don 't .,claps hands,.!!.-

-

Clifforf Thornton  '' There's no problem in searching old threads. That's absolutely fine -- better than starting 16 new threads about the same topic..''-

..Dear Mr. Clifford, surely I have posted my threads/Clips every where WITHOUT think to the ''page-Forum'' where I was..!!,.

This is the story..: As new-member , to me ''everythngs'' were new and I wanted to see, reads some of the main Forum Topics..: Artists , Live concerts, Festivals, Offerring, Looking for, Sell, Buy..Musicians forum.,Hammond-Zone(*Artists+Recordings)..

I happen to read on page,167 of..:Artists forum a thread/post of drummer..:JO JONES, where  some members talked about  vinyles L.P's-discography  of Jo Jones..
Right soon I have added-posted my photos-Clips of my Jo Jones  Vinyls-L.P's-lists..-

YES , YES., I do understand now, that I DID a 'mistake', having posted a reply-thread in the ''WRONG'' Forum-page,!!(*Artists),. Confess to have totally forgotten that I had already open a thread+topic myself  on the ''right-page'' Forum..:Offering , Looking for..posting my photos-Clips of the vinyles,LP..of Jo Jones..
It has been like when a father takes children in a biscuits-shop, candyes-cake..!!WOOWOWOO.. the poor childrens  get ''mad'' whatching all around ,,cakes.,.-

-