Prestige Records....gold & black trident label?

Jazz Vinyl

Can someone provide generational reference for Prestige gold and black trident labels.

The record in question is Red Holloway with Brother Jack McDuff - "Cookin' Together". I have seen 3 different labels for this record - yellow & black, black trident and gold trident (blue trident too?).

Can these labels be put into chronological release order?

What was the purpose of the black and gold trident labels? Were the gold & black labels used often?

Here's a start:

Red Holloway With Brother Jack McDuff Quartet

Red Holloway (ts) Brother Jack McDuff (org, p) George Benson (g) Wilfred Middlebrooks (b) Joe Dukes (d)

Los Angeles, CA, February 6, 1964

Wives And Lovers Prestige 45-300, PRLP 7325

This Can't Be Love Prestige PRLP 7325

Something Funny Prestige PRLP 7325, PR 7778

Brother Red Prestige PRLP 7325

Denise Prestige 45-300, PRLP 7325

No Tears Prestige 45-325, PRLP 7325

Shout Brother Prestige 45-325, PRLP 7325, PR 7778

* Red Holloway/Brother Jack McDuff - Cookin' Together (Prestige PRLP 7325; Fantasy OJC 327)

* The Best Of Red Holloway And The Soul Organ Giants With Brother Jack McDuff And Lonnie Smith (Prestige PR 7778)

* Red Holloway - Denise c/w Wives And Lovers (Prestige 45-300)

* Red Holloway - No Tears c/w Shout Brother (Prestige 45-325)

Marcello - thanks for your info.

What I'm in hopes to learn is Prestige Records use of gold and black trident labels.

Did gold or black trident pressings come out before blue trident pressings, after yellow & black?

For Red Holloway "Cookin' Together" Prestige record - I have 2 different copies each with a different label - gold trident (PR-7325) and black trident (PRST-7325)...are these older than yellow & black, blue trident pressings?

I have rarely seen Prestige black or gold trident pressings. Did Prestige use them often, I wonder when and why?

Thanks again

i told you guys about that rvg stamp that ive never seen him use anywhere, except on this one indian music prestige-of-the-world lp. it was "RVG", but really really really tiny block letters. ive never seen it elsewhere

Van Gelder ? Sounds like you might have the much rarer Rajiv Gandhi stamp son.

RVG.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i told you guys about that rvg stamp that ive never seen him use anywhere, except on this one indian music prestige-of-the-world lp. it was "RVG", but really really really tiny block letters. ive never seen it elsewhere

Van Gelder ? Sounds like you might have the much rarer Rajiv Gandhi stamp son.

RVG.jpg

:lol: