Ahmad Jamal, Vindicated

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm always bemused by the notion that the only "there" that exists is the one that any given individual or group can get to themselves. I mean, declaration of what something is worth to one's self is one thing, but denial of existence requires a certain, uh...presumptuousness.

At best.

Wow! I just learned something, maybe.

I've got the two Jamal 78s from the January, 1954 Parrot session - one of them is "But Not For Me" that you have pictured. But the LP is this same as Chamber Music of the New Jazz. Was that originally on Parrot? I had no idea - I have only ever seen the Argo issue.

The Kitty Kat Klub musta been some kinda klip joint (sic - sorry, my small tribute ti Kinks liner notes). Whatever y'all think of Jamal he's better 'n what you'd hear in that kinda place today (and that kinda place is probably way scarier now).

There are only two intact buildings on he block left:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Paul%27s+CDs&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl