Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JSngry

Ahmad Jamal, Vindicated

112 posts in this topic

great minds think alike (see my identical quote, above) - about time I had some real company here. Starting to think I was becoming unhinged.......

I'm always bemused by the notion that the only "there" that exists is the one that any given individual or group can get to themselves. I mean, declaration of what something is worth to one's self is one thing, but denial of existence requires a certain, uh...presumptuousness.

At best.

you're missing the meaning of the phrase as used.

don't think so - just part of her game.

Ok.

Everyone is invited over to my house to listen to Ahmad Jamal's complete Parrot recordings on convenient 78 RPM records. We'll drink lots of beer, and whichever side you're on, you'll change your mind.

This was Richard Davis' recording debut, and the labels are very pretty.

parrot810a.jpg

jamal101654p31.jpg

jamal1.jpg

Wow! I just learned something, maybe.

I've got the two Jamal 78s from the January, 1954 Parrot session - one of them is "But Not For Me" that you have pictured. But the LP is this same as Chamber Music of the New Jazz. Was that originally on Parrot? I had no idea - I have only ever seen the Argo issue.

The Kitty Kat Klub musta been some kinda klip joint (sic - sorry, my small tribute ti Kinks liner notes). Whatever y'all think of Jamal he's better 'n what you'd hear in that kinda place today (and that kinda place is probably way scarier now).

The Kitty Kat Klub musta been some kinda klip joint (sic - sorry, my small tribute ti Kinks liner notes). Whatever y'all think of Jamal he's better 'n what you'd hear in that kinda place today (and that kinda place is probably way scarier now).

There are only two intact buildings on he block left:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Paul%27s+CDs&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl