Ronnie Ross

couw

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good find! I couldn't get that one despite hours of trying. It is the same as Vol 4 but just the numeral change. I have decided that the one I picked up that purported to be Vol 7 of that series is wrong though so have deleted it. So 2, 6 and 7 outstanding. I wonder if they are all the same front and just the numerals changed.

Good find! I couldn't get that one despite hours of trying. It is the same as Vol 4 but just the numeral change. I have decided that the one I picked up that purported to be Vol 7 of that series is wrong though so have deleted it. So 2, 6 and 7 outstanding. I wonder if they are all the same front and just the numerals changed.

all I know is that this sold as a 15CD boxed set with a troupe of players doing Armstrong tunes. There was a companion set with the original Armstrong music and also a 30CD set with all of it.

Zweitausendeins.de used to have it cheap.

can see them now (of course)

I ran into similar problems with stuff I uploaded to my free webspace. These providers are not into this remote linking stuff, but if you uploaded the things, they will be in your cache and you can see the linked images, whereas others can not. Sometimes the problem can be solved by copying the link in a new window, thereby going directly to the provider's webspace and not via remote link. The image will load into the cache and you can see the remotely linked version as well. The moral: things are complicated.

So this is my up-to-date list of album cover pictures not yet obtained. If any kind folk happen to see copies on their travels around the web, or gets even a sniff of where any might be available, I will be very pleased indeed to hear from them and follow it up. Many thanks to those who have helped so far.

List removed as superseded.

Edited by tooter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for introducing me to Ronnie Ross. I'd never heard of the guy before - clearly I've got some digging ahead. I'd heard his baritone, of course, on that Lou Reed song, and enjoyed it: the right tonal intersection of cool - like Mulligan; and hot - like Pepper Adams, for the jaded nostalgia of the the music. Always wondered who that guy was, but never being enough of a Lou Reed fan to have an album with credits, never checked it out.

Thanks for introducing me to Ronnie Ross. I'd never heard of the guy before - clearly I've got some digging ahead. I'd heard his baritone, of course, on that Lou Reed song, and enjoyed it: the right tonal intersection of cool - like Mulligan; and hot  - like Pepper Adams, for the jaded nostalgia of the the music. Always wondered who that guy was, but never being enough of a Lou Reed fan to have an album with credits, never checked it out.

Welcome aboard! The trouble is there is not an awful lot readily available but there are some albums. You should be able to obtain "Introducing Tony Kinsey/Jazz at the Flamingo" fairly easily and a place in Germany (?)called "Wewerka" has "Unforgettable Ronnie Ross" and "Night Bounce" on offer I think.

PM me if you have no luck or would like more. If you can find some pictures I'm looking for.... ;):):tup

Edited by tooter

Another picture has been found, this time by my good friend Jazzman4133. I had a picture of the EP version which appears to have only one of the tracks on this one, the LP. Both pictures are now displayed on the Ronnie Ross site - same cover but EP has tracks listed on the front.

Total still sought remains the same - thirty six - but progress is being made.

Good find, Jazzman4133 - thank you!