How do I keep my posts from being combined?

Big Al

This is a test. I am attempting to make two separate posts. This is the first.

This is supposed to be the second.

My question is, why are my separate posts being combined into one, and is there any way to keep that from happening?

Because this is supposed to be the FOURTH post within this thread, and it only shows one post!

Eventually ALL of your posts - and everything else you ever said or thought or will or might say or think, or even might have said, or would have said - will be combined into one giant blob

- which will stalk the earth in the form of a mammoth saxophone?

• 8 years later...
2 hours ago, Brad said:

I think it's only if you post right after you've made another post, without an intervening post made by someone else. 

I don't think so, because it happens weeks or months after I've made a post on another subject.  All my posts get bundled together, for no reason I can think of.

15 hours ago, king ubu said:

Used to be that a 5-10 minute wait would omit posts being merged ... no intervening posts needed. If that's the case now, that's relatively new.

30 minutes now, unless there is an intervining post from other board member.

On 5/7/2019 at 8:48 AM, EKE BBB said:

30 minutes now, unless there is an intervining post from other board member.

All I know is that every time I post in the Misc. Music section, all the recordings I posted of myself playing in a pianist's quartet get bundled with whatever I'm posting, and I can't erase them like I could easily do with text. One member accused me of being a publicity hound :lol: because of this. Another member dismissed the same post (on Trane's size) as being 'crass':unsure:. I can only assume that he thought I was referring to the size of something other than Trane's height...:lol:

As much as ORG is a goldmine of misunderstanding, I was recently invited by DISCOG to participate as an expert in a database discussion of jazz pianist Bob Harris, due to posts I made here concerning him. How could you not be fascinated by a pianist who worshiped Ray Charles, went on the road with him for a few years (and probably shot up with him), yet still referred to him as 'that genius n-word"...