Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the tip Sandman, it sucks that Amazon.com has raised shipping fees for non US customers. Still is a good bargain at 50 $ .

Rates look the same to me. Total for this set to Japan would be around $43.00.

In a way, it proves my point, at least for Canucks don't think it should cheaper to send to Japan than to Canada

Not jazz, but unlike the Desmond, an official release and a great price from an amazon seller, 22 bucks. Excellent remastering, and fantastic music.

Complete Donny Hathaway Atlantic

And this upcoming set is a helluva deal for the amount of discs. Even Clem sort of approves.

Leonard Bernstein Sony collected Symphony recordings

This is an EXCELLENT box set. There's a good deal, 55 bucks, from an amazon seller here, and possibly better deal through amazon.uk, amazon.fr or amazon.de

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Saint-Soul-George-Russell/dp/B003QM1ANU/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1289401757&sr=1-1

51IJacT6paL._SL500_SS120_.jpg\\

The mastering on this set is as good as the Hathaway. Previous issues of either set's material never sounded this good.

Edited by jazzbo

Bill Evans' 6-CD "Turn Out the Stars: Final Village Vanguard Recordings" can currently be had new or like new for less than $40.00 on Amazon/marketplace.

Wes Montgomery Riverside Big Box-$69.99 Nuwbury Comics,Burlington,MA

The Mongtgomery box is available for all through Amazon (seller Newbury Comics) for $69.99. I couldn't help myself.

I too would like to find a similar deal on the Mingus Debut set.....

The Mongtgomery box is available for all through Amazon (seller Newbury Comics) for $69.99. I couldn't help myself.

Crap, don't tell me that! I recently coughed up over twice that via the Mosaic/True Blue welfare plan. :rcry

Great box set nevertheless. :tup :tup

Crap, don't tell me that! I recently coughed up over twice that via the Mosaic/True Blue welfare plan. :rcry

Great box set nevertheless. :tup :tup

I seriously have to stop trolling these bargain threads. This sounds awfully hard to resist. :crazy:

Any good deals on the Mingus/Debut box to be had?

The set that will not be discounted! Has to happen sometime, doesn't it??

I recall at one time, maybe about a year ago, Concord was having a sale; discs were averaging about $6 or $7 each. I think the Mingus/Debut was included.