Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bit late now, but for a while earlier today the Dylan 'Original Mono Recordings' box was available for $40.58 at Amazon. It was the bonus disc edition too! Just missed it unfortunately.

I got in on that deal, even ordered the next day shipping option because the whole thing was so cheap.

Edited by Aggie87

Bit late now, but for a while earlier today the Dylan 'Original Mono Recordings' box was available for $40.58 at Amazon. It was the bonus disc edition too! Just missed it unfortunately.

I got in on that deal, even ordered the next day shipping option because the whole thing was so cheap.

Jeeeeez, why don't you frickin' rub our faces in it? mad.gif

I've noticed the mono box can easily be had for $100 on Ebay. Makes me chuckle to think of the freak-out which ensued on the Hoffman board when someone heard that EMI was only pressing 10,000 copies per continent ... "will there be enough?!?!?"

Actually I believe I read that they did run out, weeks after release, and repressed.

I've noticed the mono box can easily be had for $100 on Ebay. Makes me chuckle to think of the freak-out which ensued on the Hoffman board when someone heard that EMI was only pressing 10,000 copies per continent ... "will there be enough?!?!?"

I heard there are loads of counterfeits too which tend to be priced on the low side.

I'll divert the Dylan box to your address if you send me 2 Wolf Biermann cds of your choice! :tophat:

I'll divert the Dylan box to your address if you send me 2 Wolf Biermann cds of your choice! tophat.gif

You know very well that I have only ONE, you sadist! r_mad.gif

I heard there are loads of counterfeits too which tend to be priced on the low side.

Yes, lots of those are around, unfortunately. Caveat emptor on the low price deals. Buy from reputable sellers only.

Yes, lots of those are around, unfortunately. Caveat emptor on the low price deals. Buy from reputable sellers only.

Would you be able to tell if you ended up with a bootleg set? Are the differences or lack of quality from a sound or manufacturing standpoint that obvious?

The Ellington Storyville 8CD set "The Duke" is available through Import CD's for $49.82

appears to be OOS at present (i must have purchased the last copy last night)

It contains the 2CD Fargo concert plus the 2CD non Prestige Carnegie Hall concet (44?)& many other live sessions from the 40's