Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not certain how long this will be available, but there are a couple of used copies of Coltrane's Complete Village Vanguard Recordings 4 cd set used in "like new" condition from Amazon Marketplace ranging from just over $22 to just under $25. If you want it, move fast!

http://www.amazon.co...s=john coltrane

Edited by Tom 1960

The 6-CD Complete Columbia Albums Collection of Thelonious Monk will be a lightning deal today (11-26) on Amazon beginning at 5:01 p.m. Pacific Standard Time. If you have any interest in this set, put it in your cart IMMEDIATELY in order to reserve your copy. You will then have 15 minutes to decide whether or not you really want to purchase it and complete the transaction. (The 5-CD Original Album Classics boxed set by Dave Brubeck was a lightning deal last week and sold out almost instantly because so many people placed it into their shopping carts.)

No. It is the lamest, most pointless box set imaginable. Just Monks Dream, Monk Time, Monk, Straight No Chaser, Underground and Criss Cross.

Extremely lame, huh? There might be people who don't have these yet ... and I guess quite a few, as the Columbia albums' reputation ain't the finest.

What I would enjoy though would be a companion box containing the albums as originally released.