Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wes Montgomery - "Movin': The Complete Verve Recordings" - Hip-O Select

$28.10 direct from Amazon--this IS for the physical box set, and ALSO INCLUDES the AutoRip MP3 version:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CAAUGM/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Cheapest I've ever seen this. Don't know how long it will last.

Edited by Ron S

$28.10 direct from Amazon--this IS for the physical box set, and ALSO INCLUDES the AutoRip MP3 version:

thanks-great price. It's OOS but I'm in no hurry. Has anyone had issues with skipping discs pre some of the Amazon reviews?

Just ordered a copy - great price

Also, what's up with Amazon's shipping rates (international) - have they been dropped? - only cost me $6 to ship to Australia (usually 14-15)

Same with the 10DVD Ken Burns box which I just bought - on special for $41 (Amazon) & shipping was only $7 to Australia

Thought I'd finally go for it (in the face of good & bad reviews), especially at that price - the full series was never shown here & our DVD release set was seriously truncated

Argh. I've been after a good price on this but that busts the new £15 customs limit in the UK, which means an extra 20% plus an £8 Royal Mail fine. If anyone spots a similar European discount, please let me know!

Argh. I've been after a good price on this but that busts the new £15 customs limit in the UK, which means an extra 20% plus an £8 Royal Mail fine. If anyone spots a similar European discount, please let me know!

Oh, I hadn't noticed this new limit.

That effin' Chancellor has put me into a marginal tax rate of 40% 2013-14 and now this on top!!!!

MG

I'm sorry -- that's simply insane. Fortunately, I've almost never been dinged here in Canada (the trick seems to be to avoid UPS like the plague), and in general they don't seem to be worrying too much about packages from Europe or the U.S.

In general, the personal exemptions for cross-border shopping keep going up. However, the Conservatives refuse to lower the tariffs on goods imported for retail sale to average Canadians. It's almost as if they wanted to encourage more mail order business and cross-border shopping. What gives?

Appreciate your sympathy. The previous limit of £18 was mad enough, but then they lowered it! Here I think it's more to do with shutting down the Jersey-based stores that were using the tax loophole to undercut the high street, but the high street is changing anyway. So the Jersey stores have gone but the high street still isn't what it used to be and probably never will be. Oh to live in Australia where the limit is something like AUS$1,000!

Appreciate your sympathy. The previous limit of £18 was mad enough, but then they lowered it! Here I think it's more to do with shutting down the Jersey-based stores that were using the tax loophole to undercut the high street, but the high street is changing anyway. So the Jersey stores have gone but the high street still isn't what it used to be and probably never will be. Oh to live in Australia where the limit is something like AUS$1,000!

Anything to tax us to the hilt. ;)

Yep, we've got it pretty good here (apart from shipping costs)

I've been buying LPs & CDs internationally since the mid 80's & have only been hit with customs duty once (back in 86 & it was the Frank Zappa Old Masters Box 1)

I remember being slightly apprehensive when waiting for the Ellington RCA box but nothing eventuated