Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Amazon is up to $53 for the Wes Montgomery now. Wonder if the $28 was a typo?

Sometimes you'll find great deals like that. I don't know if it's done intentionally for short periods of time or if it's a temporary glitch. About 4 years I got a new/sealed Bill Evans' Complete Fantasy Recordings box set for $27.00 delivered from Amazon, not a marketplace seller.

Whenever I'm interested in something, I put it on Amazon's wish list and check it regularly. It's surprising on how the price can fluctuate on some items.

Sometimes you'll find great deals like that. I don't know if it's done intentionally for short periods of time or if it's a temporary glitch. About 4 years I got a new/sealed Bill Evans' Complete Fantasy Recordings box set for $27.00 delivered from Amazon, not a marketplace seller.

Whenever I'm interested in something, I put it on Amazon's wish list and check it regularly. It's surprising on how the price can fluctuate on some items.

Both the things I put on my Amazon wish list skyrocketed to hundreds of pounds within days :(

MG

Both the things I put on my Amazon wish list skyrocketed to hundreds of pounds within days :(

MG

Bummer! Keep watching and the price will probably come around again. I had a book I was looking for go as high as $175.00. I look now and it can be had for less than $30.00. The price fluctuations are crazy. Wish list price watching is a game of patience. Most of the stuff on mine is stuff I'm not going to need until somewhere down the road or stuff I could live without unless the price is right. Price watching can be pretty rewarding. I got the Oscar Peterson Mosaic box set from a marketplace seller for less than $20.00 delivered. Granted, it didn't have the box or booklet but for that price, it wasn't even remotely an issue. Looking at the set, it didn't appear it had been listened to much if at all.

Edited by mikelz777

No, that was genuine - my copy shipped today (was on backorder) & at that price

I got notice yesterday that mine had shipped @ $28.10.

Mine was delivered a few days ago. :)

Edited by Ron S

importcds.com - black saint soul note boxes - search "music" for "complete remastered" - use coupon "save10" for extra 10 percent. sorry can't post a link. includes new ones. (December 2013 shipping pre-order)

Cyrille/Farmer/Bley/Murray Vol. 2 pre-ordered, thanks so much!

Note that somehow they managed to not include "I Go To Pieces", the Del Shannon composition that was one of their two really good singles, on this set.

Thanks for the tip on camelcamelcamel and for the tip on the Penguin Cafe Orchestra box set. I had never heard of them before so I gave them a listen and ended up taking advantage of the deal. Just over $4 per disc! It's hard to define their music but I'm enjoying it.

You're welcome, Mike!

I forget his name at the moment, but as I recall the violinist for Caravan later joined Penguin Cafe.

Thanks for the tip on camelcamelcamel and for the tip on the Penguin Cafe Orchestra box set. I had never heard of them before so I gave them a listen and ended up taking advantage of the deal. Just over $4 per disc! It's hard to define their music but I'm enjoying it.

You're welcome, Mike!

I forget his name at the moment, but as I recall the violinist for Caravan later joined Penguin Cafe.

Geoffrey Richardson