Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Shirley Bassey OAS - now down to $10.91 + $3.99

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Album-BASSEY-SHIRLEY/dp/B00NIUECCQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1437784312&sr=1-5

Ebay seller with multiple copies of Sonny Rollins Original Album Classics box, $8.10 with free shipping. 

This is the one I wish I got because it is the one without The Bridge.

Not sure why these keep popping up as bargains - they ARE bargains after all, conceived as such and really not worth mentioning all the time.

But maybe I'm just grumpy and wish for there being enough serious reissues that some of them would be bargained every now and then ... tempi passati, I assume - sic transit gloria reeditionum ;)

Posting here because this is where it will probably get noticed:

For today only Amazon UK is taking £10 off orders of £50 or more with the code BIGTHANKS.

Thanks for that. I need the Bill Evans Complete Verve Box (sans shrapnel enclosure) and the Miles Bootleg V4 !

Edited by sidewinder

Not jazz: There is a new series called Greatest Ever!  I bought through Amazon Marketplace the title "Greatest Ever! Reggae The Definitive Collection."  3 CDs, excellent selection, currently $6.34 plus shipping.  Although no label can be seen on the graphics, on the bottom of the box there is a Universal logo, so it's legit.  Lots of other titles in the series: Nineties, New Wave Hits, Movie Hits, Punk & New Wave, etc.  Worth taking a look.  See: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00W9WBD6M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

The newly reissued Ornette Coleman box at Atlantic, Beauty Is a Rare Thing, for £8.14 at Amazon UK.

According to the description,

6CD set. Reissued and repackaged in 2015! Chronological 57-track collection of his entire recorded output for Atlantic Records from 1959 to 1962, including some previously-unreleased material. Comes in a clamsheel box with 70-page booklet.

Link

F

Coincidentally I was browsing around Amazon while watching baseball tonight and came across an Amazon seller who was selling the Mosaic Complete CBS Buck Clayton Jam Sessions for $79.99 plus shipping which was almost half of the next seller's price. They say "like new" (2 jewel cases still sealed) condition including box ("very good") so I'll find out soon enough. Hopefully not too good to be true because I regretted not getting this when it was available. 

Just noticed that Pop Market has MILES DAVIS - THE COMPLETE COLUMBIA ALBUMS COLLECTION for $269.99.

Not bad for 52 albums on 70 CDs in mini LP replica jackets

The second quintet DVD has one extra track, Walkin', that was cut from the Karlsruhe footage for the disc's addition to the first bootleg series volume, though it is still listed in the end credits. I never understood why this happened. 

• 2 weeks later...

81810CWGHEL._SL500_.jpg

52€ at amazon.it when checking out (shipping to be added, not for me though - too good to pass up, although I'd prefer to have it all with the presentation of the old Japanese series)

This edition has only master takes, right? That was what kept me from buying it when it was issued, as I have almost everything I really wanted on single Mercury CDs with alternates.

Yes indeed, masters only alas - but still lots of music I haven't been able to get so far. And it's rather nicely done, alike their Felsted set (not the cheaper one on five discs by some other PD label but the Freshsound one ... though the cheaper offers more or less the same information/reprint of original liners, I think).