Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

King Cole Trio, 3cds(new) still available $12.99 directly through Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Instrumental-Vocal-Classics-King/dp/B00000DG4D/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1296623350&sr=1-23

Sultry Ladies of Jazz(Hindsight) $5, 3cd(new) set of transcriptions.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000001815/ref=oss_product

Edited by matteson

I've received my Zep box. It took about 2 weeks.

The shipping box is a very tight fit, I recommend opening both ends of the shipping box and pushing the box set out.

still waiting here in NY.....sure would be nice to have to listen to during the one-two snowstorm punch headed our way.....

Made it yesterday. Mine was packaged in an oversized box with some extra cardboard and air cushioning. But I'm confused. Is this the "desired" Japanese set? The CDs all have OBIs and the sleeves say they are manufactured in Japan. I listened quickly to Zep 1 on a small stereo in the kitchen and it sounded very detailed. I heard John Bonham in a new way.

I know there was some discussion about the difference in mastering.

For Bruce Springsteen fans in Amazon UK territories...

springsteen_505405t.jpg

"The Collection: 1973-1984"

Price = £11.93

Collects together Bruce's first seven studio albums onto eight CDs in Mini LP sleeves all together in a simple red box. Albums: Greetings from Asbury Park, The Wild the Innocent & E St. Shuffle, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River (2cd), Nebraska and Born in the USA.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collection-1973-1984-Bruce-Springsteen/dp/B003QZ5222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296657745&sr=8-1

For Bruce Springsteen fans in Amazon UK territories...

springsteen_505405t.jpg

"The Collection: 1973-1984"

Price = £11.93

Collects together Bruce's first seven studio albums onto eight CDs in Mini LP sleeves all together in a simple red box. Albums: Greetings from Asbury Park, The Wild the Innocent & E St. Shuffle, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River (2cd), Nebraska and Born in the USA.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Collection-1973-1984-Bruce-Springsteen/dp/B003QZ5222/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1296657745&sr=8-1

I'm not even a particularly big fan of Bruuuce, but that is one amazing deal.

Well, of course ignoring the fact that all of it is in the etherways already...

John Carter and Bobby Bradford Mosaic Select looks to be back in stock, $37.73

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041W567K/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Excellent price right there! Now $37.41 or save the $.41 when you order from Amazon Marketplace! :lol:

Edited by trane_fanatic

Marty, when I applied for my refund from Amazon for the Sonny Rollins Prestige box that didn't show up, it said that you are limited to four refunds for life.

If my Rollins box ever does show up, I'm going to tell them to charge me again.

I think that relates to marketplace disputes rather than purchases made directly with amazon.

Marty, when I applied for my refund from Amazon for the Sonny Rollins Prestige box that didn't show up, it said that you are limited to four refunds for life.

If my Rollins box ever does show up, I'm going to tell them to charge me again.

I think that relates to marketplace disputes rather than purchases made directly with amazon.

This was purchased directly from Amazon.co,uk. They were very kind. Immediately issued me the refund, and said to enjoy the cds with their compliments (or give to charity) if they ever arrived.

The shipping box is a very tight fit, I recommend opening both ends of the shipping box and pushing the box set out.

still waiting here in NY.....sure would be nice to have to listen to during the one-two snowstorm punch headed our way.....

Made it yesterday. Mine was packaged in an oversized box with some extra cardboard and air cushioning. But I'm confused. Is this the "desired" Japanese set? The CDs all have OBIs and the sleeves say they are manufactured in Japan. I listened quickly to Zep 1 on a small stereo in the kitchen and it sounded very detailed. I heard John Bonham in a new way.

Still waiting for mine :angry:

Edited by Van Basten II

Still waiting for mine :angry:

Mine took two weeks or so.

I'm going to avoid the Amazon marketplace seller Movie Mars.

I placed an order with them. It was never shipped. After 7 days & multiple e-mails, the order was canceled. I presume they didn't have what they listed.

I hate when that happens. :angry:

Hoots,

I hate that... with computer technology what it is, large outfits like Movie Mars should be ashamed when that happens. My experience with them has been hit or miss. I have had pretty good luck buying brand new items but recently purchased a used cd that was listed as "like new" and sealed. It was sealed in plastic wrap and it was clear that the disc had been treated and buffed to remove what were clearly a number of scratches. Not good IMHO. Not what I consider "like new" I now try to use another vendor..

My order has been made the 13th, if I have yet to receive any news until the weekend will communicate with them, has anyone of you had any experience with Rhino's customer service.I suppose I have to take account that I live outside the country.

It took them about a week to process my order but as I live north of Rhino it arrived within a few days once I saw my credit card had been billed. There was no email from them nor could I look up my order on their website. So if your card has been charged it's in the mail. Given the horrendous weather that's happening once you get away from the west coast I expect it will take longer than usual.

Edited by Quincy

My experience with MovieMars has been positive as well. Right now I'm concerned with an order placed with BlowItOutaHere. The order was placed 1/21 and supposedly shipped 1/24. It's been 10 days for something shipping from Kentucky to Minnesota? I'll relax for the time-being knowing there has been a lot of bad weather in the midwest lately but it makes you wonder when you've already received items on orders placed after the one in question.

My experience with MovieMars has been positive as well. Right now I'm concerned with an order placed with BlowItOutaHere. The order was placed 1/21 and supposedly shipped 1/24. It's been 10 days for something shipping from Kentucky to Minnesota? I'll relax for the time-being knowing there has been a lot of bad weather in the midwest lately but it makes you wonder when you've already received items on orders placed after the one in question.

My order was never shipped.

They just didn't have what they listed. It took me badgering them to find that out.

At least they've now taken it down from their site.