Are there any box bargains currently available?

POPMARKET?

What is going on with them. I've tried to activate and account with three different emails and I never receive their invitation that allows me to full activate and establish my account. I just tried with my wife's email- strike 4!

Has anyone else had a problem....I'm guessing not since you all seem to shop there. They send me their emails, their help desk tells me to refer to the email they sent that I never received. They further tell me that they can't generate a new activation request and once you initiate an account that doesn't come to fruition they can't clear the email from having "account" status.

This is maddening.

I get the feeling they really don't want my money.

Seems to work from here in the UK.

The FF2011 15% voucher code works OK too. And shipping came out to £4.99 ! Of course, I've yet to receive anything..

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

POPMARKET?

What is going on with them. I've tried to activate and account with three different emails and I never receive their invitation that allows me to full activate and establish my account. I just tried with my wife's email- strike 4!

Has anyone else had a problem....I'm guessing not since you all seem to shop there. They send me their emails, their help desk tells me to refer to the email they sent that I never received. They further tell me that they can't generate a new activation request and once you initiate an account that doesn't come to fruition they can't clear the email from having "account" status.

This is maddening.

I get the feeling they really don't want my money.

I had the same problem. Tried various email addresses and never received the confirmation email. Finally started a GMAIL email account and all's well.

I too had the same problem before, also maddening. Today I switched to a gmail account on a different browser and it worked, go figure.

I still think not showing the price of the deal without a user account is dumb. Show an incredible price, get more people to sign up, no?

"Pop Market" currently has the 8 box set/trumpet case/replica mouthpiece/kitchen sink Miles Davis 'Genius' box for $399, with a further 15% off using the code. Incredible deal !

Best deal around. The 15% off code is FF2011.

$340 total! (the On the Corner metal box set alone sells for about 1/2, $170, anyway)

Yesterday I did some individual set pricing on Amazon. You're right - the On the Corner set throws the comparison out of whack and makes the trumpet set more appealing, assuming you like Mile's jazz fusion era:

• Miles Davis and Gil Evans: The Complete Columbia Recording Sessions (6 CDs) --> $28
  • Miles Davis Quintet 1965-1968 (6 CDs) --> $49
  • The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions (4 CDs) --> $33
  • Miles Davis and John Coltrane: The Complete Columbia Recordings, 1955-1961 (6 CDs) --> $22
  • The Complete In A Silent Way Sessions (3 CDs) --> $35
  • The Complete Jack Johnson Sessions (5 CDs) --> $37
  • Seven Steps: The Complete Columbia Recordings of Miles Davis, 1963-1964 (7 CDs) --> $92
  • The Complete on the Corner Sessions (6 CDs) --> $153 (!!)

One thing that strikes me as an issue: these metal box sets house the CDs in paper wrappers, which isn't the best way to preserve CDs without putting light scratches on the discs trying to extract them. I finally received my European version of the Miles and Coltrane set from Amazon and was pleasantly surprised to see the CDs encased in a digipak, like a DVD box set. I'd much rather have that.

However, I've found these to be considerably cheaper via amazon.fr ---- for example, I bought the latest four for 95 dollars including postage from there. Quite a deal.

VAT is deducted from total when completing order.

http://www.amazon.fr/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?__mk_fr_FR=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Dpopular&field-keywords=Black+Saint+compilation&x=0&y=0

Edited by jazzbo

Amazon is presently (April 5, 2011) offering the Nat Cole Hip-O Select 3-CD boxed set for $14.60.

Riffin': The Decca, JATP, Keynote, and Mercury Recordings

Now $53.31!

Now it's all the way back down to $14.11. :blink: :blink: :blink: The price of this has been dropping like a rock day by day these past several weeks. It won't get much lower... I think.

Thanks for the Nat King Cole repost. I missed it the first time. Sweet!

This one looks interesting:

51jE9-YGwsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

40 CDs for $27.08. I like Vivaldi, so I may pick it up.

Just received a notice from Amazon that this shipped.

Moral: When you see a great deal like this, grab it. Delivered today; it's now $71.98 on Amazon.

This one looks interesting:

51jE9-YGwsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

40 CDs for $27.08. I like Vivaldi, so I may pick it up.

Just received a notice from Amazon that this shipped.

Moral: When you see a great deal like this, grab it. Delivered today; it's now $71.98 on Amazon.

I don't know if this has always been true, but there have been some big price fluctuations on Amazon, not just at usual sale times (like Christmas) but day to day and week to week. It's surprising--at east to me. Another example: my wife wanted a KitchenAid mixer and sent me a link (a gentle hint rolleyes.gif). While I mulled over this state of affairs I checked back on Amazon a few days later; price had dropped more than $20. It seems to pay to check the pricing over a few days time. Amazon seems to be pursuing the pricing game that airlines now use, where seat prices will fluctuate up or down depending on a host of factors on an almost continuous basis. I'm sure they are using some sort of algorithm to set pricing. No more "set it and forget it."