Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Best Buy has over 500 box sets on sale today online

I looked a little---didn't catch any amazing deals, but there were some good ones for sure

74 Jazz boxes that I found. Nothing I couldn't resist, but here's a link.

I don't know. There's that Kenny G box. Can I resist that? Can I? Hmmmmm.......yeah, I guess I can.

gregmo

At 5:02PM, the deal was 77% gone. I feel like I'm at WalMart trying to score an xBox.

At 5:02PM, the deal was 77% gone. I feel like I'm at WalMart trying to score an xBox.

know the feeling especially as it gets closer to Christmas

:rofl:

Guess we all have this, but at less than 10€ this is a steal:

http://www.amazon.de/Complete-Columbia-Studio-Recordings/dp/B0041PIJOO/

Somehow I can't help feeling sad about this whole development... 30 or 40€ would already be a steal in my book - this music really is beyond any price tag!

Not the beginning of the end, not even the end, this seems like the aftermath...

Guess we all have this, but at less than 10€ this is a steal:

http://www.amazon.de/Complete-Columbia-Studio-Recordings/dp/B0041PIJOO/

Somehow I can't help feeling sad about this whole development... 30 or 40€ would already be a steal in my book - this music really is beyond any price tag!

Not the beginning of the end, not even the end, this seems like the aftermath...

Yes indeed. It's really ridiculous... even most of those new RCA/Columbia boxes (Wayne Shorter, Sam Cooke, Nina Simone etc) are being sold for ridiculous prices. On the other hand, you get the super deluxe crap, ridiculously price on the other end of the spectrum (they had several copies of the Miles BB Anniversary box for 300 - effin' gimme a break, 300! - swiss francs in a store here... and I'm sure some rich guys paying no taxes bought them).

Amazon has a grey market import box of Miles Davis called Twenty Classic Albums for $18.98.

It also has:

Sonny Rollins - Eight Classic Albums - $13.40

Jimmy Smith - Eight Classic Albums - $13.52

Hank Mobley - Eight Classic Albums - $8.01

Lou Donaldson - Eight Classic Albums - $8.07

Kenny Dorham - Eight Classic Albums - $7.28

Cannonball Adderley - Eight Classic Albums - $8.13

Red Garland - Eight Classic Albums - $7.34

Thelonious Monk - Eight Classic Albums - $7.64

John Coltrane - Eight Classic Albums - $7.26

Charles Mingus - Eight Classic Albums - $8.17

Modern Jazz Quartet - Eight Classic Albums - $11.43

I tried the Three Sounds - Eight Classic Albums and three of the Discs had errors on tracks higher than #12. Has anybody else had these problems with this set?

Didn't notice any problems with Modern Jazz Quartet - Eight Classic Albums.

I tried the Three Sounds - Eight Classic Albums and three of the Discs had errors on tracks higher than #12. Has anybody else had these problems with this set?

Mine played just fine. Sometimes the sound seemed to fade in and out but it may be due to a speaker problem I've been having.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not seeing the box bargains this year like we saw last Christmas.

Most of our recent talk seems to be centered on European PD releases. Am I wrong?

No, I think you're right. There have been "lightning deal" sort of things where some of the newish big rock sets are marked down for an hour or a day. Deepdiscount had the Beach Boys SMiLE Sessions $20 or $30 cheaper for at least a day. The Springsteen Darkness binder from last year appeared as an Amazon Lightning Deal is another example. I'm wondering though if post-Christmas will be a time of better markdowns. Ah yes, I see last year I bought the Dylan mono box on sale on NYE from Barnes & Yes We're Still Here Noble of all places.