Are there any box bargains currently available?

"When new, these sets cost an average of $25-$30 per LP times the number of LPs in the box set [i.e., a 4 LP set was $100-120, etc]"

That statement is not true. The early Mosaic sets were priced at something like $10 per LP.

Yeah, sorry that "sale" is a joke.

Yah, these guys want $2,000 for the first two Commodore volumes used, whereas all 3 volumes sealed sold for $1,100 a month ago, as documented on the eBay thread.

I'd say you're right.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not jazz or even music but the Gold Seinfeld box can be bought for 85 $ on Amazon.com, it retails around 200 $ usually

They had the same deal this time last year.

Anyone want to buy my individual season sets? I have the first four seasons in 3 sets (seasons 1 and 2 are bundled together).

AYLER RECORDS’ WINTER SALE - Buy 1, get 1 free !!

(version française en bas de cet email)

To celebrate year end, we're offering you a special sale on the entire Ayler Records catalogue.

Back catalogue*:

Buy 1 single CD = get 1 FREE single CD

Buy 1 double CD = get 1 FREE double CD

Buy the 5CD boxset = get 2 FREE single CDs

2009/2010 releases*:

Buy 2 single CDs = get 1 FREE single CD

Anyone see this? If you're a Bruce fan (I'm not), it is a great price and seems legitimate:

51kUsAdgPkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Collects together Bruce's 1st 7 studio albums onto 8 CDs in Mini LP selves all together in a cool simple red box. Albums: Greetings from Asbury Park, The Wild the Innocent & E St. Shuffle, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River (2cd), Nebraska and Born in the USA.

$18.45 from an Amazon reseller:

Amazon

Anyone see this? If you're a Bruce fan (I'm not), it is a great price and seems legitimate:

51kUsAdgPkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Collects together Bruce's 1st 7 studio albums onto 8 CDs in Mini LP selves all together in a cool simple red box. Albums: Greetings from Asbury Park, The Wild the Innocent & E St. Shuffle, Born to Run, Darkness on the Edge of Town, The River (2cd), Nebraska and Born in the USA.

$18.45 from an Amazon reseller:

Amazon

Amazon.uk is also selling this for about $22, shipped to the USA.

The Andrew Hill solo Select is also at the same price. At the other end of the spectrum, they are carrying many of the Mosaic Singles for $27.30. :wacko:

Does anyone know if Amazon will intentionally delay shipping an order if a customer requests it? I want to lock in the good price on one of these, but am not going to be home for the few days when the order would most likely be delivered. For obvious reasons I would rather not have a package sitting out waiting for me during those days if I can help it...

Does anyone know if Amazon will intentionally delay shipping an order if a customer requests it? I want to lock in the good price on one of these, but am not going to be home for the few days when the order would most likely be delivered. For obvious reasons I would rather not have a package sitting out waiting for me during those days if I can help it...

I don't think Amazon lets you do that, but the USPS does (not always with 100% accuracy, I might add):

https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do

Just make sure it doesn't ship UPS or FedEx.

Thanks for the tip. I've been waiting for a sale on the John Carter set. (I don't think this set will sell very well)

Thanks for the tip. I've been waiting for a sale on the John Carter set. (I don't think this set will sell very well)

Carter / Bradford now listed as "temporarily out of stock".