Are there any box bargains currently available?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jimmy Smith Retrospective(Blue Note 2004 remaster), 4Cds Brand new. newbury_ comics

$19.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0002Y4TUQ/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

What a DEAL! I would get it, but I have 1/2 the material plus a whole bunch of other Jimmy Smith. Plus I have three OOP Mosaics on the way...

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. It's under consideration. :D

For someone who doesn't own the massive 18-CD Mosaic set, which of these 3-CD sets would be the most recommended from Trio enthusiasts? I assume there's overlap in both cases.

I ordered the Sonny Rollins Prestige box from Newberry Dec. 10, and it still hasn't arrived yet.

Morganized, the promised delivery date was Dec 17 to Jan 4. So on Jan 5 I'll plan to make a phone call.

Uh oh! I clicked on the status link for the first time just now, and it says that it was delivered Dec 20.

So I have emailed Newbury via Amazon with the "Where's My Stuff?" heading. I expect that they will just send me another copy.

It looks like I am out of luck. I'm angry, but I don't think that there is anything I can do about it.

When I contacted Newbury Friday (New Year's Eve), they still had a copy available at the same price $29.99. But today Newbury has none listed, and the cheapest set is going for $60.

I am disgusted with Newbury's responses to my emails. The first did nothing more than provide a copy of the tracking data that I referred to when I first emailed them. It was a non-response.

Their second email cavalierly said that should the package be returned to them, they will reship it. No mention of sending me another copy as I requested. No mention of a refund.

Today was the deadline for the shipping window. So I filled out the Marketplace Vendor rating form that Amazon gives you with each purchase, saying that the package never arrived and that the seller was uncooperative.

I had a long discussion with my mailman about this yesterday, and he didn't think that the package would ever be found.

We'll see tomorrow how Amazon handles it.

I had a long discussion with my mailman about this yesterday, and he didn't think that the package would ever be found.

I feel your pain, GA. Off topic, but as good a place as any for a rant. I will NEVER use USPS around or anywhere near the holiday season again. Three of my Christmas present packages--all ordered on or near December 1, mind you--WERE NOT DELIVERED UNTIL AFTER 12/27. A third has simply never arrived--"vanished." My mailman said the same thing--and I'll bet. I don't wish to impugn an entire (non)governmental agency, but this year has taught me there's likely more sticky-finger action at the USPS this time of year than others.

I will never have time-sensitive deliveries shipped any way other than FedEx, DHL, or USPS (last resort). Don't trust the USPS as far as I can throw it.

/rant

I had a single CD ordered from Amazon UK sent on Dec. 21 (ordered on Dec. 20).

Never arrived.

They issued a refund today.

I've never had this happen with Amazon UK.

Nothing has ever taken more than a week to get here to the U.S..

They gave me a bit of a song & dance about the weather, but didn't argue about the refund when I requested it.

I was getting kind of antsy about deliveries around the holidays, though they all came through. There was one which I didn't expect to get -- the seller had grossly underpriced a box set. Of course, it never arrived. They claim they sent it (without tracking). Sure... They gave me the refund without any hassle. It would have been cool to get the set, but I went into that transaction quite sure they weren't going to deliver. Guess it's all about expectations.

got this one (locally, same price roughly) today:

Next Stop Soweto - Vols. 1-3 Limited Edition

515sdZZ9ENL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

It's a filmsy cardboard around three jewel cases (Vol. 3 is a 2CD set, it's four discs in total).

Paid about the same for Vol. 3 (though that one's a nice digipack version I could give away now...)

Received it a few days ago, great stuff :tup

Edited by Van Basten II