Husker Du book

dave9199

Read the Husker Du book. I'm so glad a book finally came out about them. It's really good though it doesn't spend a lot of time on the Warehouse album and their last year as a band. There are some mistakes in it too, but overall, a great job. Mould was a control freak all along. The book started out as a 33 & 1/3 books on Flip Your Wig, but was rejected. I'm so glad about that. I'd much rather have this book.

http://www.amazon.com/Husker-Du-Noise-Pop-Pioneers-Launched/dp/0760335044/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1

Amazon says June 2011 for Mould autobiography.

http://www.amazon.com/See-Little-Light-Trail-Melody/dp/031604508X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1289761680&sr=1-2

Also saw this: Nova Mob's Last Days Of Pompeii reissue in December.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-Days-Pompeii-Special/dp/B0043WBZK0/ref=pd_sim_m_5

Edited by dave9199

I never understood the fascination with this band. I tried listening to their output and was utterly bored. Just a bunch of 3 min or shorter songs mostly played fast with vocals that you could barely hear. I don't get it.

Wow, someone came out and said it! I quite liked "Could You Be The One" and bought "Warehouse" on the strength of it, but never got it. Same with Jesus and Mary Chain.

I never understood the fascination with this band. I tried listening to their output and was utterly bored. Just a bunch of 3 min or shorter songs mostly played fast with vocals that you could barely hear. I don't get it.

Wow, someone came out and said it! I quite liked "Could You Be The One" and bought "Warehouse" on the strength of it, but never got it. Same with Jesus and Mary Chain.

I got it then but now I don't. :shrug[1]:

I got it then but now I don't. :shrug[1]:

SUCK IT HATAZ

Husker Du were one of the best bands of the 80s and you can fuck the Replacements and Sonic Youth.

{{{{buzzz}}}} Wrong! I like Husker Du okay, WAREHOUSE being the only one I could ever get into along with some strong individual tunes ("Hardly Getting Over It" and the one that precedes it on that album) but overall I agree with GregK above. ZEN ARCADE is wildly overrated, IMO. Sonic Youth sucks? Not in this lifetime!!!