Ellington Treasury Shows

Sundog

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I found vol 18 on Amazon US by searching for it specifically. It was available from the UK for less than

$20 including shipping. And I almost immediately got an e-mail from the vendor saying:

NOTE: Please ignore the Amazon delivery estimate of 18-26 days – we upgrade shipping so orders arrive usually within 5-12 business days as stated on the listing (US/Canada/Europe/Japan only).

I'll let you know how long it actually takes.

Edited by medjuck

• 2 weeks later...

Got it today. About 10 days after ordering it.

The notes begin by saying "The following three titles complete the broadcast of April 13" to which my immediate response was "So where's the rest of the broadcast?" Though the notes don't say so, a perusal of The New DESOR (The insanely well researched and nearly complete Ellington discography) leads me to believe that a couple of the Treasury Shows are no longer extant in their entirety. (Including it looks like, the very last show.)

The notes begin by saying "The following three titles complete the broadcast of April 13" to which my immediate response was "So where's the rest of the broadcast?" Though the notes don't say so, a perusal of The New DESOR (The insanely well researched and nearly complete Ellington discography) leads me to believe that a couple of the Treasury Shows are no longer extant in their entirety. (Including it looks like, the very last show.)

Was it seller "avatarmusic"? I just ordered from them.

Does anyone have the Strayhorn box set and is it worth getting?

Edited by Hoppy T. Frog

I have the Strayhorn box but have not yet fully explored it. It would be an incredible value if I did not already have a chunk of it, but I'm glad I have it and I think any fanatic of Ellington/Strayhorn recordings would want to have it.

Edited by jazzbo

I have the Strayhorn box but have not yet fully explored it. It would be an incredible value if I did not already have a chunk of it, but I'm glad I have it and I think any fanatic of Ellington/Strayhorn recordings would want to have it.

I just ordered it from a European seller on U.S. Amazon. Looking forward to hearing it. Also ordered that new Duke Ellington 2-cd set on Storyville from a 1963 appearance in Sweden.

gregmo

Was it seller "avatarmusic"? I just ordered from them.

Does anyone have the Strayhorn box set and is it worth getting?

Yes. I can't seem to find them on the net without going through Amazon.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...