Today's Lesson

AllenLowe

lately I've been cruising around Facebook making new Musical friends and trying to find out what other musicians are up to. Many of these new friends work in the area of what I might call ambient sound, electronic drones, prepared instruments and new-age forms. One nice thing about my new adventure is that I have learned, to my great relied, that most of these people are even more self-centered than I am.

And here is the latest from a new-music label called Dragon's Eye, which I recently found through a new Friend:

"Dragon's Eye's goal is to foster personal and artistic relationships with its artists and to function as a meeting ground for its artists to further develop relationships with one another."

I am not so sure that this is a good thing; I have enough trouble developing relationships with the insincere artisans and creative poseurs I meet in my daily life.

So what is an artist to do? Develop NON-artistic relationships?

ahhhhh, the trials of a life of contemplation......

Edited by AllenLowe

it's mostly curiosity - I like to see how the other 2/3 lives. I want to know what other musicians are doing. And I really do think there are too many of these people (of course, I may have to include myself in this population explosion) -

but judging from Facebook, I now believe that every other American, and every third European, is composing music of some kind.