2011 Mosaic Releases...any info?

Perhaps the Lucky Thompson MS? When I got the Jamal set over the summer, I was told it would be out by the end of the year :-(

I don't think that one will come out in the remaining days of 2010; maybe in 2011. It might be one of the sets that's been put on the back burner.

Upcoming sets are always announced on their site weeks and sometimes months before the actual release date. There's been no mention of this one on their site.

Perhaps the Lucky Thompson MS? When I got the Jamal set over the summer, I was told it would be out by the end of the year :-(

I don't think that one will come out in the remaining days of 2010; maybe in 2011. It might be one of the sets that's been put on the back burner.

Upcoming sets are always announced on their site weeks and sometimes months before the actual release date. There's been no mention of this one on their site.

I've been wondering whether there have been second thoughts (by Mosaic) re the content of the LT set - there was a lot of material that has been previously released. Still have it on my hit list even though I have most of the material

I am SO up for that Lunceford set. The LT too. As for the Rivers, I'm not quite as buzzed for that one as some of my avant-garde friends here on the Board!

gregmo

I can't wait for the Lunceford as well! I wonder who will be doing the remastering? Steven Lasker or Andreas Meyer come to mind, since they have been doing a lot of the pre-WWII music at Mosaic. But my personal favorite is Malcolm Addey...I rechecked the email he sent, and it he did indeed say, a Sam Rivers big band set. I am not very familiar with Sam Rivers, but from the talk on the board, it sounded like it would be trio stuff. Perhaps a typo. Either way with the Ellington 30s big band set selling so well, I really hope we can see an additional release or two on top of what is planned for 2011. Am I being greedy?

I am SO up for that Lunceford set. The LT too. As for the Rivers, I'm not quite as buzzed for that one as some of my avant-garde friends here on the Board!

gregmo

I can't wait for the Lunceford as well! I wonder who will be doing the remastering? Steven Lasker or Andreas Meyer come to mind, since they have been doing a lot of the pre-WWII music at Mosaic. But my personal favorite is Malcolm Addey...I rechecked the email he sent, and it he did indeed say, a Sam Rivers big band set. I am not very familiar with Sam Rivers, but from the talk on the board, it sounded like it would be trio stuff. Perhaps a typo. Either way with the Ellington 30s big band set selling so well, I really hope we can see an additional release or two on top of what is planned for 2011. Am I being greedy?

I guess they'd rather move slowly, pending the economic situation. They've been through tough times recently and they didn't put sets on the backburner for nothing.

gregmo

I guess they'd rather move slowly, pending the economic situation. They've been through tough times recently and they didn't put sets on the backburner for nothing.

I agree. I remember a year or so ago, Mosaic really had a tough time. They sent out the email about the economic situation, and all of the backordered sets, and the several sales. I would hate to see a company like them go under. For 2011, I will certainly be getting the Lunceford and the LT select. AND the Buddy Rich when it comes back in stock (if ever...) because it has a cool session with Webster, Frank Wess, etc.

The Buddy Rich is on back-order? Damn ! ;)

Just saw that the Buddy Rich set will be back in stock in Feb. '11! Good news for me as I don't have it and will be ordering it. Partially because I only have the Buddy and Sweets album and I love Sweets Edison and also because Malcolm Addey remastered it...so it's gonna sound good!