Blue Note Good News

king ubu

Well, it's no longer valid. I was looking for that double CD.

When I called to order by phone and mentioned the 23 cents prize,

there was a long silence. The operator came back later saying

that it was a mistake and they were changing the prize.

That was my first experience with BN since their Board died.

Well, it's no longer valid. I was looking for that double CD.

When I called to order by phone and mentioned the 23 cents prize,

there was a long silence. The operator came back later saying

that it was a mistake and they were changing the prize.

That was my first experience with BN since their Board died.

And you are surprised that when you called them and alerted them by phone that they indicated it was a mistake and that they would fix it?

Perhaps if people had kept ordering by the website instead of calling them and alerting them to the fact that they had a 2 cd set listed for 23 cents, it would have taken longer for them to catch the mistake.

Not opposed to sticking it to BN a little bit these days,

ADR

I believe if this transaction had gone through, the only company being "stuck" would have been Mosaic. Unless it's changed, True Blue Music, Mosaic's retail arm, handles CD orders from the BN site.

Ed is right... it's at BMG and can be had for peanuts there. Anyone need a "referral" e-mail? I get 5 freebies if you sign up off of me.:)

Later,

Kevin

To me True Blue is one big rip. Their prices are inflated. They put out a nice catalog but that's it. I've only given them when business when they have this combined Mosaic - True Blue sale. Other than that, never. Plus if it's listed at .23, they have to sell it to you for that. Their mistake, their problem.

Plus if it's listed at .23, they have to sell it to you for that. Their mistake, their problem.

Not true, Brad. True Blue no doubt has a policy similar to the one CDNOW (or what is now Amazon) has. I thought I'd try to "trick" them (CDNOW) into selling me a Plugged Nickel box for $11.99 (which was the listed price, by the way); everything went through fine with the ordering part on the website, but after they realized their gaffe, they sent me an e-mail with a bunch of fine-print jargon saying how they reserved the right to cancel an order such as mine, even though, technically, it was their mistake. Sadly, I still don't have that set, just the "Highlights" one-cd sampler.

To me True Blue is one big rip. Their prices are inflated. They put out a nice catalog but that's it. I've only given them when business when they have this combined Mosaic - True Blue sale. Other than that, never.

I never buy from them at their list price. I agree that is too high a price to pay, especially compared to other online stores.

I find the weekly Blue Note specials and the specials that they run on the True Blue website to be certainly lower that brick and mortars and competitive with non-sale prices online.

So if they have a couple of older releases on sale for $9.98 or a newer release for 12.98 or 13.98, I'll pick 'em up. That is if there are enough to offset the shipping cost. Their shipping cost structure is out of whack if you're only buying 1 or 2 discs. CD universe sells their $12.98 list stuff for $10.09, their 16.98 stuff for $13.79 and their $17.98 list for $14.79.

Can't beat the pre-order prices at CD Universe though. I've been going the pre-order route on a lot more discs these days.

Does anyone know why True Blue sells everything at list?

I emailed them about that last summer and the email I got back (presumably from Michael?) was that they simply could not afford to charge any less, and that some online retailers "lose money" by doing so. Doesn't make much sense to me. I guess maybe they still have to deal with a distributor like anyone else, which appears pretty silly, but what do I know about the CD business?