BFT #83 - Sign-up

king ubu

Starting this a bit earlier than usual... and I might end up finalizing the selections a bit later than I should (though I hope not, as I'm writing this).

Anyway, will a download be fine for everybody?

I'd really prefer to keep it DL-only - and in case anyone in the US couldn't handle it that way, I'd be very happy about a kind volunteer who'd burn some CDRs from the MP3 I'll put up and pass them on. I realise this will cost a bit, of course, and am very grateful for anyone willing to step in.

(Though, compared to my first BFT where I had a larger number of participants and ALL the sets were mailed out to "hubs" in the US and yurp, who again spread further copies... it all got so much easier as time went by!)

As for the music... I got rid of the idea of another South African-centred BFT - it will be all (or mostly) jazz, and there'll be something to hate for everyone, but I also hope something to be discovered for everyone. If you just want foot-tapping, light music or hard-swinging but oh-so-formulaic hardbop, this is not for you, I'm afraid!

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~

dl option

alex.

Bright Moments

jeffcrom

NIS

relyles

spontooneous

Thom Keith

>>>> link <<<<

(if you encounter any trouble, do let me know!)

cdr option - us

Hot Ptah

cdr option - europe

brownie (disc sent and received and several tunes already recognized...)

BillF (disc sent and received)

Edited by king ubu

I'll be glad to send out CDs to anyone who needs them - part of my job.

Is it? Never thought the master of BFTs had to do that... but thanks a lot for your offer!

I'd be happy to get some sing-ups right here in this thread - and those who can't handle DLs, please drop me a PM with your postal address and I'll then discuss further with Jeff!

So, again:

download option: just post here that you're in... I might end up posting the links here anyway

cdr option: please drop me a private message to sign up!

:: BUMP ::

I'm about to finalize my selections!

In good time to allow for mailing some discs if required, I hope!

So, please post here or drop me a PM if you're in!

The music has no theme, it's just some goodies and hopefully lots of stuff to discover for most of you - no stylistic barriers in there, either... covering about eight decades (though not necessarily as far as styles go).

It's a one-disc BFT, and I hope this will widen participation a bit.

I'll be in touch with you, jeff, just in case anyone in the US prefers an actual (MP3/M4A-sourced) CDR.

Same offer is good for Europe, I'll take care of that, myself!