6 Be Here to Love Me

7 Creepin’ In

8 Toes

9 Humble Me

10 Above Ground

11 The Long Way Home

12 The Prettiest Thing

13 Don’t Miss You At All

...and this time around, special guests include Dolly Parton, Levon Helm & Garth Hudson, Jesse Harris, Robert Burger, Brian Blade, and Tony Scherr.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: ***********NON PC WARNING***************

Dolly Parton/Brian Blade..............watch for their upcoming duo session called "When Worlds Collide"!

Features the hit singles:

"All Boobs"

"Rack-centuate the Positive"

"Tits You Or No One"

"AureOleo"

..........and I could go on and on and on................... :huh:

Edited by Free For All

I just saw on TV last night that COME AWAY WITH ME was the #2 top selling album in 2003. An additional 4.7 million units. #30 in 2002. Not sure how many units moved last year...

Here's the top twenty. How would you rate Norah in this lineup?

1 GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' 50 Cent Shady / Aftermath / Interscope

2 COME AWAY WITH ME Norah Jones Blue Note

3 UP! Shania Twain Mercury/UMGN

4 HOME Dixie Chicks Monument / Columbia / Sony Music

5 LET GO Avril Lavigne Arista

6 METEORA Linkin Park Warner Bros.

7 8 MILE Soundtrack Shady/Interscope

8 FALLEN Evanescence Wind-up

9 TIM MCGRAW AND THE DANCEHALL DOCTORS Tim McGraw Curb

10 STRIPPED Christina Aguilera RCA/RMG

11 JUSTIFIED Justin Timberlake Jive/Zomba

12 THIS IS ME...THEN Jennifer Lopez Epic/Sony Music

13 CHOCOLATE FACTORY R. Kelly Jive/Zomba

14 THE EMINEM SHOW Eminem Web / Aftermath / Interscope

15 NOW 11 Various Artists Universal / EMI / Zomba / Sony Music / UME

16 COCKY Kid Rock Lava/AG

17 A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD Coldplay Capitol

18 THE YOUNG AND THE HOPELESS Good Charlotte Daylight / Epic / Sony Music

19 DANGEROUSLY IN LOVE Beyonce Columbia/Sony Music

20 UNLEASHED Toby Keith DreamWorks (Nashville) / Interscope

The only other album on this list that I have heard in its entirety is A RUSH OF BLOOD TO THE HEAD. Seems to me, most of these recordings are geared toward a younger demographic than Norah. I guess adults DO buy records after all.

Ever since Santana hit it big with Supernatural, it seems that the inclusion of other "name brand" performers on pop oriented albums has become more profligate. While it certainly worked for Santana, I'm not sure it's all that viable for someone like Norah, at least at this point in her career. I think she would have been better served to insist on something that more firmly establishes her own performing personna before starting to fall back on others for support. One more album that focuses the attention entirely on her. I was actually kind of looking forward to that, just to see what she'd come up with.

So, either Blue Note doesn't have that much confidence in a Norah based sophomore effort, or they think by including performers like Dolly Parton, it will guarantee big time results. Frankly, I would not be at all surprised to see these expectations fall short, although I hope I'm wrong. I kind of like Norah...at least in small, manageble doses.

I'll be interested to see what kind of legs the new album has. Sure, it will sell by the bushel basket when it first hits the streets, but what will happen a month or two down the road.

Up over and out.

Ever since Santana hit it big with Supernatural, it seems that the inclusion of other "name brand" performers on pop oriented albums has become more profligate. While it certainly worked for Santana, I'm not sure it's all that viable for someone like Norah, at least at this point in her career. I think she would have been better served to insist on something that more firmly establishes her own performing personna before starting to fall back on others for support. One more album that focuses the attention entirely on her. I was actually kind of looking forward to that, just to see what she'd come up with.

So, either Blue Note doesn't have that much confidence in a Norah based sophomore effort, or they think by including performers like Dolly Parton, it will guarantee big time results. Frankly, I would not be at all surprised to see these expectations fall short, although I hope I'm wrong. I kind of like Norah...at least in small, manageble doses.

I'll be interested to see what kind of legs the new album has. Sure, it will sell by the bushel basket when it first hits the streets, but what will happen a month or two down the road.

Up over and out.

Maybe Norah really wanted to have these people on her album? :blink: