need help shipping from the US to ol' yurp

king ubu

There's a disc I want to buy on amazon.com that only offers domestic shipping... is there anyone willing to help?

I guess easiest would be that person would order it for me and then send it across the pond... and I'd pay back via paypal (from credit card).

Please drop me a PM if you're willing to help me out and discuss the details!

I often wonder what makes people or businesses refuse to ship to foreign countries. As long as the buyer pays for the correct shipping costs, I can 't see what the problem is.

Stefan Wood's explanation no doubt answers part of the question. But there seems to be another one which I find highly improbable but as I've read it in several sellers' shipping terms on eBay there may be something behind it:

Can it really be so that there actually are parts of the USA that are backwoodsy enough so that the local post offices require their customers to queue up at TWO DIFFERENT counters for domestic and abroad shipping destinations???? Quite unfathomable but then again (see above ...). Looking closer at things, maybe these very same post offices even require people to queue up at a different counter for "out-of-state" shipping destinations ... ("Out of state" ... sure ... that's a different planet altogether ...) :crazy:

Holy mackerel .... service sure ain't what it used to be ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

But there seems to be another one which I find highly improbable but as I've read it in several sellers' shipping terms on eBay there may be something behind it:

Can it really be so that there actually are parts of the USA that are backwoodsy enough so that the local post offices require their customers to queue up at TWO DIFFERENT counters for domestic and abroad shipping destinations????

If that were the case, it would then be easier to ship abroad because the domestic only lines would always be longer and it would be a cinch to ship overseas. Anyway, I think you're talking about the post offices here in Virginia where we have to stand in different lines based on the firearms we're shipping. :crazy:

Just fyi, I've had a terrible time over the years finding German sellers who'll ship here (thank goodness for the jazz network).....what's the deal with that?

Have no idea why, but more and more vendors on the marketplaces of amazon.de and amazon.fr are ceasing to offer international shipping, too... it's rather annoying for me, even more so as there's no Swiss amazon...

More problems with international shipping - lost packages, damaged packages, huge delays in delivery. I have some horror stories.

Have no idea why, but more and more vendors on the marketplaces of amazon.de and amazon.fr are ceasing to offer international shipping, too... it's rather annoying for me, even more so as there's no Swiss amazon...

Although I live in the UK, my family live in France. If you are looking to buy something from Amazon.fr marketplace, give me a shout if you run into this type of problem. I'll be happy to help. wink.gif

Edited by ASNL77

More problems with international shipping - lost packages, damaged packages, huge delays in delivery. I have some horror stories.

Well, it might be, but I think that some people are just paranoid about that. I mean shit happens: your car might fail, as well as your hairdryers or your hard disks. Trains and planes are subject to delay, and your parcel could be lost, it could be raining. If I'd consider all the unpleasant likelihoods when I wake up in the morning I'd stick to the bed.

Although I live in the UK, my family live in France. If you are looking to buy something from Amazon.fr marketplace, give me a shout if you run into this type of problem. I'll be happy to help. wink.gif

Thanks for that kind offer, Yves!

I've got a "hub" (and friend!) in Paris who helped me in such situations before :tup