*** DVD CORNER ***

Someone needs a My Three Sons box?

I wouldn't watch another episode of that if I was paid to!

Enough old tv boxes already. What they need to do is make more good tv shows NOW.

Good luck.

Every time a really good show comes on TV these days, it gets cancelled before it can build an audience.

• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

B000BOH8Z0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TIME TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I hope someone out there is as excited as I am about this!!! Don't know how I missed hearing that it was coming out, either.They are corny as hell, and the special effects range from terrible to really good(That shot of the many levels of the underground facility!!! :blink: ) but they are still a lot of fun, IMHO....fairly recently, they ran them on the "action" channel, whichever one that is...but it sounds like they have been restored...

[

Oh, yeah; my childhood in a half hour series!! I loved it! I'm just not sure if I want to see them again, or just leave my memory untarnished...

B000BOH8Z0.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

TIME TUNNEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) I hope someone out there is as excited as I am about this!!! Don't know how I missed hearing that it was coming out, either.They are corny as hell, and the special effects range from terrible to really good(That shot of the many levels of the underground facility!!! :blink: ) but they are still a lot of fun, IMHO....fairly recently, they ran them on the "action" channel, whichever one that is...but it sounds like they have been restored...

[

Oh, yeah; my childhood in a half hour series!! I loved it! I'm just not sure if I want to see them again, or just leave my memory untarnished...

Same here. I was obsessed with this show as only a 5-year-old can be. No way it could live up to the memory.

Oh, okay..

........anyway, back to Uncle Charley for a minute....I only plugged into the show after 1967 and never realized that William Demarest wasn't there from the get-go, and had in fact replaced the ailing William Frawley ('I Love Lucy')...... demarest03.jpg

Bill Demarest was kind of creepy on this show. I never truly appreciated him until I saw his work in all those great Preston Sturges films from the early '40s. That's the real Demarest as far as I'm concerned.

(I once read that Fred Macmurray filmed all his scenes for each season of My Three Sons in about a week. Then the rest of the actors labored for months filling in the gaps. Anyone else ever hear this?)

Oh, okay..

........anyway, back to Uncle Charley for a minute....I only plugged into the show after 1967 and never realized that William Demarest wasn't there from the get-go, and had in fact replaced the ailing William Frawley ('I Love Lucy')...... demarest03.jpg

Bill Demarest was kind of creepy on this show. I never truly appreciated him until I saw his work in all those great Preston Sturges films from the early '40s. That's the real Demarest as far as I'm concerned.

I couldn't agree more. Thanks to Sturges, I began to think of Demarest as (within an admittedly narrow range) one of the great character actors of classic Hollywood.

Criterion announced that Louis Malle's 'Elevator to the Gallows (Ascenseur pour l'echafaud)' is coming to DVD in April. Among the features:

-Footage of Miles Davis improvising the film's score

-New and archival interviews with Louis Malle, actors Jeanne Moreau and Maurice Ronet, and original soundtrack session pianist René Urtreger

-New video discussion about the score with jazz critic Gary Giddins and musician Jon Faddis

I'm looking forward to finally seeing this one!

Any answer to the question where you can get a free zone DVD player in this country? I'd like to get one also. I don't want to monkey around with my player. I know I'll screw it up.

I've had one in my computer for 3 years. Didn't even have to order it that way.

Criterion announced that Louis Malle's 'Elevator to the Gallows (Ascenseur pour l'echafaud)' is coming to DVD in April. Among the features:

-New and archival interviews with Louis Malle, actors Jeanne Moreau and Maurice Ronet, and original soundtrack session pianist René Urtreger

-New video discussion about the score with jazz critic Gary Giddins and musician Jon Faddis

Good news, I always wanted to check this film out. Never made the effort to look for it.

The release was mentioned in this Ascenseur thread

The French version (without the Miles Davis improvisation footage and the Giddins-Faddis discussion) has been released. Spectacular work on the film video.

The film has nicely aged. Jeanne Moreau is splendid! Urtreger comes out excellent as usual in his interview part!

Bob Newhart Show, The - The Complete 3rd Season, out 4/11/2006 according to http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/

I've barely watched any of Season 1 and 2. It's good news, but I think I'll hold off until I've caught up with past purchases.

Maybe I missed it in the thread but Looney Tunes vol. 3 came out and is excellent. There's a DVD of all the Hollywood parodies, including The House that Jack Built (Jack Benny) and The Honeymousers.