• Replies 872
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, she's fun! :g

7/4, you have a great DVD collection.

Thanks. I enjoy it!

There's still the rest of the Bjork collection that I didn't comment on and the all the Deep Purple and Hendrix that I haven't watched in a while. :rolleyes:

Edited by 7/4

0792846834.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Another strange but cool one....

Willie (John Lurie): You're sure you don't want a TV dinner?

Eva (Eszter Balint): Yes. I'm not hungry. Why is it called TV dinner?

Willie: Um... You're supposed to eat it while you watch TV. Television.

Eva: I know what a TV is. Where does that meat come from?

Willie: What do you mean?

Eva: What does that meat come from?

Willie: I guess it comes from a cow.

Eva: From a cow? It doesn't even look like meat.

Willie: Eva, stop bugging me, will you? You know, this is the way we eat in America. I got my meat, I got my potatoes, I got my vegetables, I got my dessert, and I don't even have to wash the dishes.

:rlol I'm digesting the second set of the complete James Bond (Christmas present from my wife!)

I LOVE James Bond flicks, cheesy though they may be!

Set 2 has: Diamonds are forever, From Russia with Love, You Only Live Twice, Moonraker, For Your Eyes Only, Living Daylights and The World is Not Enough.

Gotta get sets 1 and 3, but set 2 has most of the better films...if it had Dr. No, I wouldn't need any more...

:rlol

footloosedvd.jpg

Bill Bruford's Earthworks. I'm listening to it now, I like it better every time I hear it. But I really wish he'd release some of the early Earthworks material. I was at one of those shows that was broadcast in Japan in the '80's.

0780022076.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

This is a strange one. A fishing program with guys who aren't really fishermen.

Matt Dillon, Dennis Hopper, Jim Jarmusch, John Lurie, Tom Waits, Robb Webb & Willem Dafoe.

Six episodes. Who knows if I'll ever watch this again! I thought it would be more arty....goofy is more like it.

:w

Willie (John Lurie): You're sure you don't want a TV dinner?

Eva (Eszter Balint): Yes. I'm not hungry. Why is it called TV dinner?

Willie: Um... You're supposed to eat it while you watch TV. Television.

Eva: I know what a TV is. Where does that meat come from?

Willie: What do you mean?

Eva: What does that meat come from?

Willie: I guess it comes from a cow.

Eva: From a cow? It doesn't even look like meat.

Willie: Eva, stop bugging me, will you? You know, this is the way we eat in America. I got my meat, I got my potatoes, I got my vegetables, I got my dessert, and I don't even have to wash the dishes.

One of the many reasons I like this film.... :P

B00009AV7L.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

All star cast featuring: The Persuasions, Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias, Lyle Mays, and Michael Brecker

Songs: In France They Kiss on Main Street, Edith and the King Pin, Coyote, Free Man in Paris, Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, Jaco's Solo (The High and the Mighty/Third Stone from the Sun), Dry Cleaner from Des Moines, Amelia, Pat's Solo, Hejira, Black Crow, Furry Sings the Blues, Raised on Robbery, Why Do Fools Fall in Love, Shadows and Light

I hoped that they added some extras, but no such luck. Footage is marred by non-concert footage, but you do get a bit of essential footage.

Hey, it DOES have Jaco, Pat, Lyle and Brecker. And it's good Brecker too....

Almost forgot this one (or "How I spent New Years day 2004....")

112feldman.jpg

Audio only DVD, not to be confused with DVD AUDIO.

http://mode.com/catalog/112feldman.html

Morton Feldman - Feldman Edition 6: String Quartet No. 2

String Quartet No. 2 (1983)

FLUX Quartet

Tom Chiu, violin

Cornelius Duffalo, violin

Kenji Bunch, viola

Darrett Adkins, cello

Feldman's monumental String Quartet No.2 is in one unbroken movement. The FLUX Quartet performance is complete, lasting a total of 6 hours 7 minutes and 7 seconds.

Available in 2 Editions: a 5-CD set OR complete and uninterrupted on 1-DVD!

It's nice to not have to change cds and the dvd sounds better. as for the listening experience, it's sorta like watching my Dad's beard grow.

:P

All star cast featuring: The Persuasions, Pat Metheny, Jaco Pastorius, Don Alias, Lyle Mays, and Michael Brecker

I hoped that they added some extras, but no such luck. Footage is marred by non-concert footage, but you do get a bit of essential footage.

I have this on VHS (worn out) and plan to get it on DVD. How are the tour photos that are included in the domestic release?

Edited by rockefeller center

Director Lars von Trier needs mental help, but Bjork is amazing.

I can't argue with that but I will say that Dancer in the Dark is the most *stable* of his films. So if you had a hard time with him simply by viewing that then steer clear of The Idiots and The Kinfdom. They're sure to ruin your day. (In the best way possible.)

I have this on VHS (worn out) and plan to get it on DVD. How are the tour photos that are included in the domestic release?

There's a buch of 'em. Herbie shows up in a few. I really wish they would have done this right and included and hour or two of unreleased footage.