ebay madness re: vinyl

Wolff-You have to look up the feedback on the winner of the Miles set. He picked up about 68 positive feedbacks on March 28 from seller "Funk You" for an alleged 68 different purchases from that seller on that day. Something smells fishy here.

Yeah, 68 feedbacks seems odd, but in the end, I don't think this is extraordinarily "fishy" at all. I think a lot of sellers do their feedback all at once, and it appears this guy won auctions that ended Feb. 17 and earlier. Maybe this seller had a bunch of albums the guy was interested in and willing to pay for, and it just so happens that on March 28 was when the seller went back and submitted feedback?

Furthermore, if this were some sort of "fishy" transactions, like an attempt to pump up feedback numbers, what's the point? As several people have pointed out, no one really cares what a buyer's feedback is, and that's what this guy is: a buyer.

And in addition to that, if it was a conspiracy to pump up feedback, why do it in a way that apparently makes people think its "fishy"?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another sweet Anthony Pearson auction. Maybe a few scraps left for me. 1000 nice originals. Maybe Brownie dumped a tenth of his collection. :D:D

Ends Soon

Dump my collection. Not yet. Just reorganized it!

Saw that eBay auction. Very impressive. Some of the items I would have loved to get several years ago. Not in a buying phase by now. Just enjoying listening to what I have amassed!

Wolff-You have to look up the feedback on the winner of the Miles set.  He picked up about 68 positive feedbacks on March 28 from seller "Funk You" for an alleged 68 different purchases from that seller on that day.  Something smells fishy here.

Yeah, 68 feedbacks seems odd, but in the end, I don't think this is extraordinarily "fishy" at all. I think a lot of sellers do their feedback all at once, and it appears this guy won auctions that ended Feb. 17 and earlier. Maybe this seller had a bunch of albums the guy was interested in and willing to pay for, and it just so happens that on March 28 was when the seller went back and submitted feedback?

Furthermore, if this were some sort of "fishy" transactions, like an attempt to pump up feedback numbers, what's the point? As several people have pointed out, no one really cares what a buyer's feedback is, and that's what this guy is: a buyer.

And in addition to that, if it was a conspiracy to pump up feedback, why do it in a way that apparently makes people think its "fishy"?

And if you guys can take just one more added point, why would someone try to pump up their feedback by some scam of getting 68 feedbacks from the same seller? If your feedback is 10, and you get 68 from the same person, it only goes to 11...

• 2 weeks later...

This guy got a hell of a deal!! 

Commodore Vol. 1

Holy f@#$k, that was cheap! $128.50 :blink:

Maybe this is the reason - I'm very sorry, but the four very large Mosaic sets I am offering this week are available to U.S. bidders only due to weight, packaging, and shipping costs.

Yeah, I'm still kicking myself. I was bidding on some Commodores at the time and somehow missed this. I'm pretty sure he would have outbid me, but I could of at least kept him honest. :D

• 1 month later...