ebay madness re: vinyl

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Los Lobos KIKO

First time eBayer won it. A big concern, but we've exchanged e-mails and all looks good. I recommended e-snipe so she will not have to bid 15 times, next time.

About a month ago I sold Aaron Neville: Warm Your Heart UK LP to a fellow in China for $112. I knew this one would go for what it did., but still....

Edited by wolff

I wonder if it is meant for a Christmas present?  A lot of people jump onto Ebay at this time of the year in order to get a gift for someone else.

Yep, she said it was a very important present for a friend.

Hey, that was a good shot wasn't it ;)

At one time I was selling a lot of books on Ebay. I put up a railroad book, a memoir of a railroad line, it was signed by one of the authors. Probably a $45-50 book, but it ended up selling for $220. Turned out to be a Christmas present for a woman's dad, who worked on the railroad. I hope he liked it. I know I did ^_^

Need some jazz LP's? A 'Buy It Now' of only $500,000.00 :D:D

LINK

I'm sure stacking the vinyl in a pile helps the value ^_^

Even in the seller's photo, the stuff looks quite worn.

jazz9.jpg

How many warning flags does this send up?

SORRY NO LIST OR SHIPPING AVAILABLE FOR THIS AUCTION. THERE IS NO VIEWING. THIS IS STRICTLY AN INFORMATIONAL LISTING ONLY.

Ridiculous from start to finsih.

The auction was essentially an add for upcoming auctions. This was included in the text:

SORRY NO LIST OR SHIPPING AVAILABLE FOR THIS AUCTION. THERE IS NO VIEWING. THIS IS STRICTLY AN INFORMATIONAL LISTING ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ITEMS PICTURED IN THE AUCTION TO BE SOLD SEPERATELY. THEY WILL BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. NO PAYPAL accepted for this auction. PAYMENT DUE IN 24 HOURS AFTER AUCTION END (YEAH RIGHT).

I have seen this collection with my own two eyes, Nick is a friend of mine. Quite a bit of interesting stuff with a lot of European pressings.

The auction was essentially an add for upcoming auctions. This was included in the text:

SORRY NO LIST OR SHIPPING AVAILABLE FOR THIS AUCTION. THERE IS NO VIEWING. THIS IS STRICTLY AN INFORMATIONAL LISTING ONLY. PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR ITEMS PICTURED IN THE AUCTION TO BE SOLD SEPERATELY. THEY WILL BE IN THE NEAR FUTURE. NO PAYPAL accepted for this auction. PAYMENT DUE IN 24 HOURS AFTER AUCTION END (YEAH RIGHT).

I have seen this collection with my own two eyes, Nick is a friend of mine. Quite a bit of interesting stuff with a lot of European pressings.

So, it was a joke. Now I get it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

On a slightly different note; received this message via the Avant-Garde Yahoo! group list this morning...

Apparently two eBay sellers, "donaldbyrd" and "soulful-i", have been contracted by Evan Parker to sell off about 800 LPs this year from his vast collection. Some of these things are very rare, including a copy of "The Topography of the Lungs", the very first Incus Records release, for which the master tapes were lost or destroyed long ago:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4068999301&rd=1

... and the rare Brotzmann/Van Hove/Bennink 3-LP box from FMP:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...4069004811&rd=1

Many of these auctions end later today, so if you're interested, hop to it!

Edited by Joe