ebay madness re: vinyl

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was something about a reissue decade ago on Amancio D'silva's website (which was made by his family) but of course nothing came out of it.

I gave it a listen when I saw this eBay listing and pondered if I should participate. I came to conclusion it's very good, but probably not really worth $2500.

Funny thing about those holy grail records is that while they're hard to find and fetch top dollar on auctions, the moment they get reissued they kind of drop out of radar screen. Being so rare means everybody talks about them and they're remembered and cherished. Then one day they get reissued and poof! - talk of the town turns to whisper of the village.

• 2 weeks later...

This is the highest price I've seen for one of the Mike Taylor UK Columbia LPs..

Mike Taylor Pendulum

I'm in this for the music and the music on this one is transcendent. I have both the Taylor CD's but of the two, Pendulum is clearly the keeper. Of course the fact that he died at such a young age and left such a tiny recorded legacy has to make these outings all the more valuable.

This is the highest price I've seen for one of the Mike Taylor UK Columbia LPs..

Mike Taylor Pendulum

I'm in this for the music and the music on this one is transcendent. I have both the Taylor CD's but of the two, Pendulum is clearly the keeper. Of course the fact that he died at such a young age and left such a tiny recorded legacy has to make these outings all the more valuable.

I find it hard to choose between the two Mike Taylor albums, although 'Trio' has the edge I think (personal view). Both are astonishingly good - just imagine what he could have gone on to achieve if he had kept his mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Hum Dono is up for bids again:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/JOE-HARRIOT-AMANCIO-DSILVA-QUARTET-HUM-DONO-LP-UK-1ST-ULTRA-RARE-NM-EX-/221029277119?pt=UK_Records&hash=item33765f1dbf

This copy seems a little less pristine than the last one but is nevertheless climbed out of my reach :-)

2 copies in a year. A veritable avalanche !

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...