Matana Roberts

jlhoots

Guest Bill Barton

Definitely will be keeping my eyes open for this one...

Her relatively recent presentation of Coin Coin in Seattle was brilliant. Some of the most emotionally compelling music that I've ever witnessed.

Definitely will be keeping my eyes open for this one...

Her relatively recent presentation of Coin Coin in Seattle was brilliant. Some of the most emotionally compelling music that I've ever witnessed.

.....eagerly anticipating

I read in the current Jazzwise that Coin Coin is slated for release on Constellation later this year. I've only read about the project and I'm excited enough by that prospect so for those of you lucky enough to have witnessed it live....

She's playing a duet with Seb Rochford here in London a week or so. I hope to make that one

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 4 months later...

Thanks for the reminder - just ordered mine, throwing in the recent Shipp, which I've been curious about for a while (ordered straight from the label, btw - seems they're crazy enough to offer free international shipping).

How did you manage that - on the website it states free domestic shipping or a flat $10 international shipping for up to 3 items? I have found it more economical to order from Instant Jazz, no risk of customs charges then either.

Thanks for the reminder - just ordered mine, throwing in the recent Shipp, which I've been curious about for a while (ordered straight from the label, btw - seems they're crazy enough to offer free international shipping).

How did you manage that - on the website it states free domestic shipping or a flat $10 international shipping for up to 3 items? I have found it more economical to order from Instant Jazz, no risk of customs charges then either.

Just put the two discs into my basked, entered my address etc. etc. and checked out using Paypal.

Well they certainly charged me postage to the UK. Perhaps Zurich (or just Ubu) as a special arrangement as the 53rd state of US? :)

very efficient service from RP and parcel flew under the custom radar

Ha ha, no, I entered "Switzerland" as country and filled all the detail correctly.

Okay, I was asked to send more for shipping ... and just did so, of course. Still weird, but main thing is getting those CDs!

that makes me feel better. I shouldn't but it does :) Glad that Switzerland hasn't been co-opted into the US after all. Enjoy the CDs!