iTunes - new version

bertrand

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This turns out to be easier with the new version! When I burn the CDR it gives me an option to name the artist and the album, and it seems to be picking up the names of the song directly from the CD after having burned it with Roxio!

I used to have to hunt for an album titled Unknown, or songs named Track 1, Track 2 etc. and rename everything one at a time. This seems easier.

Allen,

I have to say that I have found physical media to be more convenient than the alternative. I've been an early adopter on much of the past decade of technology. Things are in an awkward stage right now. Much of the technology that was once promising in so many ways currently seems to impede.

Looking forward to the next phase of the technology age.

Yay, the new version fixed the iPod search problem. :tup

:tup Glad to hear it. It seems that most of us are either happy (in my case, by having successfully downgraded), satisfied, or indifferent. :) I still think the changes in 11 were a step backward, but at least they're addressing some of the bugs.

Marc Myers on iTunes 11

http://www.jazzwax.com/:

Seems he spent about 5 minutes writing that article. His saying that you can't resize the iTunes window to show the rest of the desktop is just flat out inaccurate it works exactly the same as the previous version. He also laments not being able to see artwork...hey Marc, try clicking the little thumbnail of the album cover (to the right of the player controls) when you are playing a song and you'll be amazed to see a desktop sized version of the artwork pop up before your eyes.

Edited by Shawn

• 1 year later...

I haven't got the new one; I'm on 11.3.0.54. Have been for some time, because that's what I got when I had a problem several months ago and had to reload everything. I still haven't worked out how to display what genre an album's in when I'm looking at them by artist.

Is this possible in v12? I'm sure it used to be on v10.

MG

I haven't got the new one; I'm on 11.3.0.54. Have been for some time, because that's what I got when I had a problem several months ago and had to reload everything. I still haven't worked out how to display what genre an album's in when I'm looking at them by artist.

MG

Albums are not in genres, because genre is per song. This makes sense because a movie soundtrack, say, or any various artists compilation, can have songs in different genres on the same album. But if you look at your collection in Songs view, where you see columns for Name, Time, Artist, Album, etc., you can add a column for Genre. Just right-click on the column headers and click on Genre.

MG

Albums are not in genres, because genre is per song. This makes sense because a movie soundtrack, say, or any various artists compilation, can have songs in different genres on the same album. But if you look at your collection in Songs view, where you see columns for Name, Time, Artist, Album, etc., you can add a column for Genre. Just right-click on the column headers and click on Genre.

Thank you - that works. And I see I have all the Ray Charles in the correct genres. And Dizzy's, too. You can search for artists you think should be in more than one genre. But to find out if there are artists you've incorrectly put into more than one genre, you need to plough through the list. A bit of a drag. But, well, you can do it.

MG

In the top right corner of iTunes you'll see a small drop-down menu, one of the options you can select is "genres" which looks like the artist view but is separated by genre. Much easier than using the song list view.

I just updated a couple minutes ago, looks cleaner than before, will play around with it later tonight.

• 3 months later...