Bud Powell: Previously Unissued Recordings, Stockholm 1962

51Mk%2BEEcPFL._SS500_.jpg

Amazon

Miles Davis: The Unissued Japanese Concerts

51W10OssJKL._SS500_.jpg

I wouldn't dream of giving you the URL!

Weather Report: Live in Berlin 1975

51Ebq8JzIuL._SS500_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Berlin-1975-Weather-Report/dp/B004GDYY5E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1299115376&sr=1-1

John Coltrane: Live at the Jazz Gallery 1960

61h%2Bdu1CZtL._SS500_.jpg

No URL for you!

Steve Lacy: The Complete Whitey Mitchell Sessions

51QCMadvEpL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Probably a boot, so, sorry.

I assume the Miles is a boot. How about the Weather Report?

Bertrand.

Weather Report Live In Berlin 1975

According to recent press releases, producer Joachim Becker–known to Zawinul fans as the producer of most of Joe’s post-Columbia Records output–has teamed up with the MiG Music to form “Art of Groove,” a new addition to the MiG family.

Among its first releases will be a Weather Report DVD/CD combo, Live In Berlin 1975. The press release describes it as, “the first part of the long-awaited Weather Report live-trilogy will be published as a DVD with bonus CD at the same time. The 40th anniversary of the founding of Weather Report is in 2011. In commemoration, the Zawinul estate and ‘Art of Groove’ are pleased to publish the original tape-recording of the super-band’s performance at the Berliner Jazztage 1975 for the first time.”

I don’t know what the rest of the “long-awaited Weather Report live-trilogy” is, although before his passing Joe did tell me that he had acquired the rights to the 1984 concert video “Domino Theory,” which was originally published in Japan.

Meanwhile, Live In Berlin 1975 is listed on various European sites such as Amazon UK.

Looks legit, but expensive.

Bertrand.

From the Amazon listing it looks to be a CD + DVD, so $27.27 might not be that bad(convincing himself it's a good deal prior to pulling the trigger).

If Borders.com gets it, I will be able to use a coupon. I definitely will get this but shop around a bit first. I'm sure I will get it for less.

This is now the 4th WR DVD to come out. I'm not sure the Hamburg is legit, but it rocks. Track listing is all wrong though. I'll try to post the correct one some day.

Bertrand.

Jimmy Lyons's Ayler box set coming back into print:

5138t1l6b7L._SS400_.jpg

Amazon

I was just in touch with Stephane from Ayler Records (most delightful guy!) about an order and asked about this. He replied that it was not OOP and that they "still have a fair number of copies left"!

Not sure where the notion that I was OOP came from!

Needless to say, it's a terrific set and to me in many respects the crown jewel of the Ayler catalogue - and absolutely worth every penny!

I thought that the Ayler only had a run of 500 sets. To have a lot of copies available means no on bought these in the first place -- which is a sad thought in itself.

Checked back and just got a reply - seems it was an edition of 2000-2500 originally, and about 500 are left.

How is it?? Seems a little pricey but I might have to consider it. I assume these are live dates? Who's in the band? Thanks

Almost certain that Bud is a reissue of a set that was previously offered as "limited edition".

I have it - it came out in '92.

Indeed live trio with Torbjorn Hultcranz on bass and Sune Spangberg on drums. SteepleChase issued (at least) 4 lps/cds from this gig before. You might have some of them if you are a Bud fan. Anyway, this is more of the same.

Edited by Chuck Nessa

Also, in case anyone still doesn't have the Lyons box - it's compulsory listening in my small world! - that price on amazon.com (post #1 above) is rather ridiculous! Go straight to the source to buy it!

I second the recommendation for the Ayler Jimmy Lyons box.

I don't have the Lyons box yet, but it has been on my radar for a few years now.

I was debating the best way to buy it here (US) -- go direct to Ayler records, Jazz Loft, wait for Amazon prices to come down... ???

50 euros is about $70, and the Ayler records site says free shipping worldwide. Sounds like Ubu's advice is right on! :tup

I'm very interested in the Weather Report: Live in Berlin 1975 CD/DVD set. Does anyone actually own this yet? I'm wondering about the DVD and the region coding. I noticed in the picture of the cover art, there is a sticker in the lower left corner with a "0". I'm assuming that this is the region, which would make this disc playable in the U.S. and elsewhere. You never be too sure, though...

Any info folks can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Weather Report - Live in Berlin 1975 (Amazon)