Old New Things

.:.impossible

• 2 weeks later...

Received this mail today. I've had the album for quite some time, working on the packaging.

Hey, for $1.99, take a listen.

Trey plays guitar in Ombak, Adam Larrabee (banjo here) led a trio on el guitar last year that focused on the music from Money Jungle. There is a lot of good stuff coming out of Richmond, VA these days. Old New Things will be playing this weekend, along with Scott Clark Quartet (serialist ornette influenced quartet) and guest Harris Eisenstadt Canada Day).

Hello All,

Just wanted to drop you a quick line to let you know that I'm releasing a CD today from my new group Old New Things.  The record is entitled "Ghosts" and I'm really excited about it.  It's a jazz/folk record featuring me on acoustic guitar and pedal steel.  Joining me are some of my favorite musicians:  Taylor Barnett - trumpet, Adam Larrabee - banjo, Emre Kartari - drums, Cameron Ralston - bass, and JC Kuhl - saxophones and clarinets.  It features a few covers from Albert Ayler and J.S. Bach as well as several of my original compositions and some amazing contributions from Taylor and Adam.  

Click the link below to hear and buy it if you like it.  I'm offering the digital download on sale today for only $1.99!!  And it's $12 for the physical CD in the mail (btw-you can donate more than the suggested price too if you want to contribute to future recordings).  Thanks and feel free to forward this to any jazz fans you know!!

http://oldnewthings.bandcamp.com/album/ghosts

(btw - it's on iTunes too, but you should buy it from the bandcamp  :)

-Trey

pollardtrey gmail