march madness

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butler vs. VCU in the Final Four--who woulda thunk it? :blink::excited:

It's too bad they have to play each other in the semi. I would have liked to have seen the possibility of both of those teams in the final.

Me too--that would have been a beautiful finale! I didn't realize till just now that Shaka Smart is even younger than Brad Stevens... 33 years old! (Stevens is 34.) When was the last time you had two coaches under 35 in the Final Four?

Edited by ghost of miles

It's too bad they have to play each other in the semi. I would have liked to have seen the possibility of both of those teams in the final.

Me too--that would have been a beautiful finale! I didn't realize till just now that Shaka Smart is even younger than Brad Stevens... 33 years old! (Stevens is 34.) When was the last time you had two coaches under 35 in the Final Four?

And two coaches who don't come across like sleezy dirtbags when you see them. Unusual these days in college coaching.

And two coaches who don't come across like sleezy dirtbags when you see them. Unusual these days in college coaching.

Really? How is this unusual? AFAIK, they are ALL pimps to a certain degree. Even the Bear Bryants, Lou Carneseccas and Joe Paternos of the world! Blech!

Really? How is this unusual? AFAIK, they are ALL pimps to a certain degree. Even the Bear Bryants, Lou Carneseccas and Joe Paternos of the world! Blech!

Those two aren't old enough and haven't been in the big time coaching biz long enough to look like sleezy used car salesmen. But give them time and they probably will.

Great win by A&M over Baylor in the women's tourney. A&M had lost to Baylor 3 times this season already, and Baylor had probably the best overall player in women's hoops in Britney Griner.

A&M going to the Final Four for the first time ever, along with Stanford, UConn, & Notre Dame.

Great win by A&M over Baylor in the women's tourney. A&M had lost to Baylor 3 times this season already, and Baylor had probably the best overall player in women's hoops in Britney Griner.

A&M going to the Final Four for the first time ever, along with Stanford, UConn, & Notre Dame.

Kudos to Texas A&M on their win. But I beg to differ on your assessment on Britney Griner. Maya Moore is the best overall player in college basketball. Britney Griner's game, in contrast to Moore's, is one dimensional.

It will be interesting to see if Notre Dame can beat Connecticut in the final four after losing to them three times during the regular season and the Big East tournament. It's hard to beat a good team four times in one year. We shall see.

Kudos to Texas A&M on their win. But I beg to differ on your assessment on Britney Griner. Maya Moore is the best overall player in college basketball. Britney Griner's game, in contrast to Moore's, is one dimensional.

You may be right about Moore. I've only seen her play once this season, so I don't have a good enough sense of her game. She's a great player obviously. My opinion of Griner is based on seeing her more frequently, and she's almost a freak of nature out there. Taller than everyone else, long armspan, and able to make shots from almost everywhere. Her game was off last night vs A&M, but I'd like to think that was because of the Aggies' defense.

You may be right about Moore. I've only seen her play once this season, so I don't have a good enough sense of her game. She's a great player obviously. My opinion of Griner is based on seeing her more frequently, and she's almost a freak of nature out there. Taller than everyone else, long armspan, and able to make shots from almost everywhere. Her game was off last night vs A&M, but I'd like to think that was because of the Aggies' defense.

No knock on Griner. She can rebound, block shots, and score from close in. I do think she'd be a better player if she played for a coach like Auriemma, who would push her to expand her game. Moore can do everything Grimer can do except block shots as well as Grimer does, plus she has a sweet 15 foot jump shot, plays great overall defense, and can run the floor.

Good luck to your Aggies against Stanford.

the bears and big girl got bounced? sad news. their coach kim is a piece of work.

would you want your daughter to play basketball under the demanding gino or even more demanding pat?

how many mental breakdowns to youngsters have they caused?

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Most big time college basketball coaches are wackos/driven people to some degree - Summitt carries it to an extreme. If you're a player who's recruited by a big time basketball school, you should know what to expect. Sometimes players don't - Connecticut lost a freshman player who evidently didn't like the pressure. That sort of thing isn't for everyone. I don't think that I and most others who watch big time college sports stop to think about what the players go through to try and accomplsh their goals.

They did it! They beat Stanford 63-62! Somehow they clawed their way back into the game down 10 points, at the end. Was a rough, physical game.

I'm proud of this team - knocked off 2 straight No. 1 seeds in Baylor and Stanford. They can hang with anybody.

They did it! They beat Stanford 63-62! Somehow they clawed their way back into the game down 10 points, at the end. Was a rough, physical game.

I'm proud of this team - knocked off 2 straight No. 1 seeds in Baylor and Stanford. They can hang with anybody.

Beating Notre Dame will be a tough task, but after the way they came back against Stanford, nothing would surprise me. I thought that Stanford had them, but they kept on coming. I'll be rooting for them. Hope you and they end up happy Tuesday night.

They did it - Texas A&M is the National Champion! Whoop!!!

A&M topped Baylor, Stanford, and Notre Dame back to back.

edit - it was a much better game than the men's game last night too, IMO.

Congrats to the Lady Aggies!

Yeah, after a great men's tourney the final game was really awful. Both teams played horribly, UConn a little less so.

• 2 years later...