2011 MLB Season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SI predicts 98 losses for Houston. As an Astros fan, yet another year of not being very excited about baseball. :(

I wish McLane would get on with selling the team to someone who's willing to turn it into a competitive program again.

They drew their fewest home fans this past year since 1997 (and yet still raised ticket prices).

Edited by Aggie87

Ramon Hernandez made it a happy Opening Day for the Reds:

Three-run walkoff HR

Another interesting note from that game: the Brewers hit back-to-back homers to start the game... first time that's happened on Opening Day in 42 years.

And Albert Pujols grounded into three double plays for the Cards today.

Edited by ghost of miles

I'm glad I won't be able to watch opening day against the Rangers - CJ Wilson is so tough against lefties (.400 OPS against!), and Francona is only sitting JD Drew instead of most of his lefties, just because its opening day. As some Globe writer pointed out, if this were a July series, McDonald would play for Ellsbury, Lowrie would play for Gonzalez, and Varitek would DH for Ortiz, in addition to Cameron playing instead of Drew. That's three guys in the lineup Wilson will probably make mincemeat out of. I don't need to see that happen live, even if I will follow the game at my desk. Best chance we have is if Lester decides to forget that its April and pitches like he can, and if Wilson is off his game a bit.

Thankfully, the real season starts. Should be a great year.

NL: Giants, Reds, Braves, WC Phillies

Al: Oakland, Twins, Red Sox, WC Tampa Bay

WS: Red Sox vs Braves

Winner: Braves in 7

Like the way you see things! :)

Ok, a little late, but I kinda sorta see....

NL East Braves (but I say this knowing fully well that with those pitchers, they don't need to score much at all and still win the division)

NL Central, like Dan, I would love to see the Cubbies finally win it all, and they have interesting pieces, but everything would have to go just right....

So I predict the Reds again. Even with their pitching woes right now...Brewers have them too

NL West, Giants. Stronger now than at the start of the year.

NL W.C. Phils

AL East, going out on a limb, the Red Sox!

AL Central, those other Sox, though I would rather it be the Twins

AL West, Oaklands starters will win the day

W.C. Yankees, another risky pick, I know.

W.S. Red Sox Vs Braves, Red Sox winning in 6, cuz they are...the best team money can buy! ;)