2011 MLB Season

16 games into the season w/o having to bat in the bottom of the ninth...an odd little streak, basically w/o any real importance in and of itself, which could easily come to an end this evening. But is it a record?

Not sure. I was going to guess the '84 Tigers as they started 9-0 and were 35-5 to open. Pretty bitchin' eh? But they lost at home in the 10th game.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Colby Lewis still looking for his inner Colby Lewis, Mason Tobin & Michael Kirkman in a battle for that coveted "Anybody But HIM" spot in the bullpen left by the demotion of Mark Lowe...this, ladies and gentlemen, this is the game within the game!

Real baseball resumes tomorrow, or so I'm told.

Yeah, I know you got some bad mojo towards the guy & I'm sure you got good reason. All I'm sayin' is that so far, the guy plays a damn good game on the field, and he's raised his average 30-40 points over the last week, and most importantly, he seems to fit in with the team vibe. MAybe it's a good fit on all levels. We'll see.

All I can say is...

inb22s.gif

Nice win by Oakland over the Red Sox tonight, 5-0. It was a 1-0 for the A's until the bottom of the 8th, when there was a meltdown by the Boston bullpen, with Okajima being the star of that show. I've seen a lot of the Red Sox games so far, and something look off about them, and their offense is weak. Carl "4-3" Crawford looks clueless at the plate, with Youk not that far behind. On the plus side, Lackey pitched his best game so far, really looking good, with his fastball in the low 90s the whole game. I know you East Coast guys are in slumber-ville when the A's play, but they have a pretty good team this year, with very strong pitching -- no offense though. Looks like they're trying to be the 2011 AL version of the Giants... we'll see.

Colby Lewis still looking for his inner Colby Lewis,

Genuine concern about this: http://www.bbtia.com/home/2011/4/20/whats-wrong-with-colby-lewis.html

There's no room for error w/Rangers starting pitching right now, no dependable proven middle/long relievers (yet...the young guys may or may not grow into the role as the season progresses), so this is worrisome.

Last night's pitching, all of it, was unacceptable in every way.

The NYT is reporting that Major League Baseball will take over the day to day operations of the Los Angeles Dodgers. This is due to "deep concerns" about the ability of the franchise to continue to operate in its own best interests given the legal issues entangling the McCourt family.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/sports/baseball/21dodgers.html?emc=na

Edited by Dave James

Mason Tobin & Michael Kirkman in a battle for that coveted "Anybody But HIM" spot in the bullpen left by the demotion of Mark Lowe..

Tobin to the DL, Kirkman to AAA..replaced by a catcher (Taylor Teagarden) &...Brett Tomko????

I comfort myself in remembering that the pitching staff was in far worse shape last year at this time than it is now. Still...

Edited by JSngry

The NYT is reporting that Major League Baseball will take over the day to day operations of the Los Angeles Dodgers. This is due to "deep concerns" about the ability of the franchise to continue to operate in its own best interests given the legal issues entangling the McCourt family.

http://www.nytimes.c...ers.html?emc=na

I refuse to give any kudos to Bud, because he is the one who forced the sale to the McCourts in the first place. The perfect couple: Bud & Frank McCourt :tdown :tdown

A dark day in Dodger history.

...and too late for a new owner to make any difference this season. <_<

Really, the divorce case produced more that enough evidence of financial mismanagement, yet Bud did nothing. Color me completely pissed-off at Bud and his turning a blind eye. Steroids, crappy umpiring, baseball strikes, and now this. :angry: :angry: :angry: A day late, a dollar short. He got his wish when he got the McCourt's to buy the Dodgers, all because he did not want an owner who could produce a high payroll, but he wanted someone with no money, who would be unable to do a thing to improve the Dodgers, and that way, kiss up to the small-market teams. Retire already, you cheap, old man. :tdown :tdown :tdown

Really, the divorce case produced more that enough evidence of financial mismanagement, yet Bud did nothing. Color me completely pissed-off at Bud and his turning a blind eye. Steroids, crappy umpiring, baseball strikes, and now this. :angry: :angry: :angry: A day late, a dollar short. He got his wish when he got the McCourt's to buy the Dodgers, all because he did not want an owner who could produce a high payroll, but he wanted someone with no money, who would be unable to do a thing to improve the Dodgers, and that way, kiss up to the small-market teams. Retire already, you cheap, old man. :tdown :tdown :tdown

any commissioner with balls or brains or real hair would have recognized the more than obvious lack of finances by the current dodger ownership crew.

the metropolitans are in virtual receivership and the indians and pirates can't be far behind.

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Now hold on there, Matthew.

McCourt was taking out $30 million dollar loans from Fox Network in order to pay his monthly payroll obligations. At some point, the bottom will fall out and players would go unpaid.

Selig, as much of a yutz I think he is, did the right thing by stepping in at this point.

Another games where the engines don't quite fire...almost, but not quite...and relief pitching that does not give comfort...the Rangers do not appear to be settled right now, into a groove or otherwise...lots of things almost happening...well, let's see if they will begin to, and if so, when. and if/when it does, will it be too late...