2011 MLB Season

At this point I am rooting for the worst to happen. I want to see this pathetic group of assholes be the first "World Series favorite" to be booed off the field on their own home opener. And then by Sunday I want Papelbon to be on the field in the ninth inning trying to nail down the first win only to blow it up.

I need something different to do in the summer, might as well experience a baseball-free one.

Geez. Calm down, Dan.

It's a 162 game season, OK?

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still think that Boston's just getting the suckitude out of their system early... plus tomorrow afternoon they'll be facing Phil "Dude-where's-my-velocity" Hughes (or is that "Dude-I-wish-two-strikes-made-an-out?" :w ) at Fenway. As always, I'd be happy simply to see NY take two of three from the Bosox on the road.

At this point I am rooting for the worst to happen. I want to see this pathetic group of assholes be the first "World Series favorite" to be booed off the field on their own home opener. And then by Sunday I want Papelbon to be on the field in the ninth inning trying to nail down the first win only to blow it up.

I need something different to do in the summer, might as well experience a baseball-free one.

You gotta be kidding. The Yanks are coming, and you want the Sox to lose??!!!!! Very hard to believe. I'm sure once you tune in, your heart will displace your intellect.

I'm concerned that Hughes, the man of the rapidly vanishing fastball, is on the mound today. Obviously I'd like to see the Sox break all the negative opening season records for a pre-season pennant favorite.

Another point, "something different to do in the summer"? It's always summer where we live.

Edited by MartyJazz

Go Tribe!!! Back in first place!

After brutal season debuts against the other Sox by Fausto Carmona and Carlos Carrasco, the back end of the rotation (Justin Masterson, Josh Tomlin, and Mitch Talbot) has been solid. Talbot only went 4 1/3 last night, but Manny Acta had his whole bullpen available due to 7 innings from Tomlin, and used most of it. Bullpen has been solid and Carmona had a great start this afternoon (lowering his ERA from 30.00 to a miniscule 9.00). All this with Shin-Soo Choo, arguably their best position player, very slow out of the gate. I'm confident that they will torment Tribe fans much of the season, but at least they are showing some signs of life (...yes my standards are set low, life is too short). Look for Asdrubal Cabrera to have a solid season after being injured much of last year. He came into camp in better shape and looks to have something to prove. And Orlando Cabrera has been a worthwhile addition so far.

Nice roundup Patrick, from one tribe fan to another.

I still think that Boston's just getting the suckitude out of their system early... plus tomorrow afternoon they'll be facing Phil "Dude-where's-my-velocity" Hughes (or is that "Dude-I-wish-two-strikes-made-an-out?" :w ) at Fenway. As always, I'd be happy simply to see NY take two of three from the Bosox on the road.

Boy, you got that right with that "Dude-I-wish-two-strikes-made-an-out" comment. Even when Hughes is on, he does not by any means have an out pitch with two strikes on the hitter. I found it painful watching him pitch most of last season, particularly the latter half of the year when hitters would foul one pitch after another before either walking, getting a hit, or making a hard out.

Do manly men really eat kale? A-Rod's image takes another hit:

http://www.ivillage.com/alex-rodriguezs-baked-kale-chips/3-r-335623

Vikings ate a lot of kale. You gonna call a viking a pansy? ;)

post-377-0-34221200-1302281634_thumb.jpg

Though they probably didn't eat it in chip form. And since this is the Willamette Valley, of course I've had kale growing over winter in the garden.

Something about a positive drug test, I think PEDs

Of course they didn't mention that.....NESN post game with Gammons and Eck

are talking about the drug issues with Manny.

Gammons seems like he is losing it , he is stuttering and sometimes rambling about Pujols and his work ethic, They were in the middle of a conversation about Manny ?????

Eck looks uncomfortable , like he doesn't know what Gammons is talking about.

Edited by zen archer

As a Yankee fan, I'm not seeing much that I'd call encouraging. Hughes looks like he's all but lost it, the bullpen has been good but not great and the batting averages are starting to tumble. Don't know if anyone noticed but Mark Texiera, the newly minted Mr. April, is now hitting .240 after going 0-4 today against the Sox. A-Rod's .304 leads the team and Russell Martin is next at .292. Everyone else is pretty much tanking. A Red Sox sweep this weekend is not out of the question.

As a Yankee fan, I'm not seeing much that I'd call encouraging. Hughes looks like he's all but lost it, the bullpen has been good but not great and the batting averages are starting to tumble. Don't know if anyone noticed but Mark Texiera, the newly minted Mr. April, is now hitting .240 after going 0-4 today against the Sox. A-Rod's .304 leads the team and Russell Martin is next at .292. Everyone else is pretty much tanking. A Red Sox sweep this weekend is not out of the question.

Can't believe Lackey gets the win , he SUCKED. Friggin' Eck kinda gave him props?

was he watching the same game?

He SUCKED

The Yanks are the most amazing team in the world ,cause I always think they suck ,yet they win a lot.

I don't know how they do it .....

Good relief pitching for Washington in the past two games! That's encouraging to me. Time for some timely hitting. Too many men left on base! The big rbis of this game (6-2) were by our pitcher, Jordan Zimmermann (!), and Ivan Rodriguez with a lazy single. Spoiling the home opener for NY.

Saddens me somewhat to say that Ivan Rodriguez might be splitting time half and half at catcher this season, making it hard to see how he would reach the 3,000 hit plateau as a National.

But tonight's game showed why he is so great as a catcher! His pitch selection with Tyler Clippard, one of our erratic set up relievers, was just tremendous. No way Wilson Ramos, his competition for the starting position, would have called that sequence or been on the same page as Clip.

He'll go in the Hall of Fame as a Ranger!

Edited by Neal Pomea

Pudge has evolved as a catcher over the years...during his first stint as a Ranger, game-calling was not always his stong suit. But hell, the guy's benn playing for, what, 35 years now? Experience!

One thing you never doubted with him, though, was his dedication to playing and to winning. The guy's a true champ in my book.

Yes, Tex took a ball off the knee several days ago and seemed to lose his newfound April mojo almost immediately. Lots of concern over at PA right now about Hughes' utter lack of location as well as velocity. (Where have you gone, Andy Pettitte? Yankee fans turn their lonely eyes to you...whoo, whoo, whoo.) Too early for me to say much else about the team so far, but the two awful starts in a row from Hughes certainly constitute a red flag, simply because there's no stuff to his stuff.