2011 MLB Season

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9th inning! It's either tie, go ahead, or go home!

(I really dislike the way Milwaukee uses its roof. They close it up even when unnecessary in order to raise the sound level and create a home field advantage. Not the way Houston uses its roof because of the heat and humidity.)

Edited by Neal Pomea

Right now, though, I'm hoping that, if the Brewers win, the lady in the yellow top a few front row seats to the first base side of home is a season ticket holder! :tophat::wub::excl:

Not only is she actively watching the game, she appears to be keeping a scorecard!

:wub: in-DEED!

She's for real!

http://deadspin.com/5835189/i+team-a-reader-wants-to-know-more-about-the-buxom-lass-behind-home-plate-at-miller-park

http://deadspin.com/5835603/found-brewers-girl-is-front+row-amy-williams-and-shes-enjoying-getting-to-know-deadspins-readers

brewersgirl.jpg

Ah my heart goes out to J.H. and our other Phillie fans. Ever since 2001 when the Mariners failed to advance out of the 1st round despite having the best record (and what a record they had!) I refer to this as being "Marinered." Not sure why it is but the Cardinal teams that don't play as well in the regular season seem to do better in the playoffs than their better teams. And now we get the 1982 World Series matchup in the NLCS! The battle of watery American beers - er, once upon time for the American (owned) part. :lol:

Sorry America's coasts, no playoff baseball for you!

Sorry for Ryan Howard getting hurt on the last out! Great win for St Louis! What a game for Carpenter! 1-0.

If Carpenter hadn't had so many serious arm injuries, he would be a HOF'er, what a horse! Really thought the Phillies were the team to beat in the W.S. Thought it would be Phils/Yankees....hmmm, who will go to and win the W.S. now??? Rangers/Cards??? then Rangers for all the marbles???

Congrats to the Rangers on their return trip to the ALCS. I hope they or Detroit (assuming NY does indeed fall to the Tigers) can stick it to Mr. Lee in the World Series, should the Phillies get that far as well.

Looks like the Cardinals handled that for ya'...now maybe the Brew Crew can take care of Lance Berkman...JUSTICE!!!

Objectively, though, that was a stunner, to put it mildly...and I do hope that Howard is ok longterm. That was a haunting image...and did I hear the notorious BooBirds afterwards? I hope not, that was a helluva game.

As was the earlier one today. GREAT day for baseball!

There are few things that give me greater pleasure than watching a team of arrogant bullies LOSE to a Wild Card team in the playoffs.

So! Who you gonna steal second on with a six run lead NOW, fucking Phillies?

The bastard sons-of-bitches got what they deserved.

FUCK Philadelphia.

Congrats to the Rangers on their return trip to the ALCS. I hope they or Detroit (assuming NY does indeed fall to the Tigers) can stick it to Mr. Lee in the World Series, should the Phillies get that far as well.

Looks like the Cardinals handled that for ya'...now maybe the Brew Crew can take care of Lance Berkman...JUSTICE!!!

Objectively, though, that was a stunner, to put it mildly...and I do hope that Howard is ok longterm. That was a haunting image...and did I hear the notorious BooBirds afterwards? I hope not, that was a helluva game.

As was the earlier one today. GREAT day for baseball!

Berkman?

Geez. He couldn't hit his shoelaces in that last at bat tonight.

Edited by GoodSpeak

Yes indeed--all hail the power of the mighty Rally Squirrel!

Although I have nothing at all against the Phillies, just against faux-hero Mr. Lee. Should've stayed with the Rangers, Cliff.

Mr. Berkman made some comments in the off-season that certain individuals would like to see cause him displeasure before this season is over.

Gotcha.

But he's going to need to actually hit a ball once in a while to put his money where his mouth is.

9th inning! It's either tie, go ahead, or go home!

(I really dislike the way Milwaukee uses its roof. They close it up even when unnecessary in order to raise the sound level and create a home field advantage. Not the way Houston uses its roof because of the heat and humidity.)

Oh, come on!

I believe Arizona kept its dome closed too for both games in Phoenix & it wasn't that warm outside.

Anyway, go Brewers!! :party:

Gonzalez has proven to be the guy who does like he dis this evening, stuff starts getting too wet and slippery, everybody's wobbly and unbalanced, Gonzalez goes in for a batter or two, and BAM everything's back to normal.

Mike Gonzalez is the smack in the kisser of the Rangers' bullpen.

You go Mike, slap those bitches back into sense when they go getting all flivvery and stuff

Mike Gonzalez, y'all, a Texas boy his own self!

It was crazy-ass as well in the Detroit-NY ALDS.

Just a shout-out to the great Yankee site Pinstripe Alley, which is doing a good job of proving that Yankee fans are not simply Yankeecentric baseball fans... they're running game threads for nearly all of the playoff games that have followed the Yanks' departure from the postseason. (Over the Monster, for example, the Red Sox site, is not.) I'd actually be happy to see any of the remaining teams win at this point, or just to see some excellent toe-to-toe, down-to-the-wire series.