2011 MLB Season

There are few things that give me greater pleasure than watching a team of arrogant bullies LOSE to a Wild Card team in the playoffs.

So! Who you gonna steal second on with a six run lead NOW, fucking Phillies?

The bastard sons-of-bitches got what they deserved.

FUCK Philadelphia.

Congrats to the Rangers on their return trip to the ALCS. I hope they or Detroit (assuming NY does indeed fall to the Tigers) can stick it to Mr. Lee in the World Series, should the Phillies get that far as well.

Looks like the Cardinals handled that for ya'...now maybe the Brew Crew can take care of Lance Berkman...JUSTICE!!!

Objectively, though, that was a stunner, to put it mildly...and I do hope that Howard is ok longterm. That was a haunting image...and did I hear the notorious BooBirds afterwards? I hope not, that was a helluva game.

As was the earlier one today. GREAT day for baseball!

Berkman?

Geez. He couldn't hit his shoelaces in that last at bat tonight.

Wow- that's real classy.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was crazy-ass as well in the Detroit-NY ALDS.

Truth be told, all things considered, etc. maybe my memory is playing tricks on me, but before this year, the last time I followed baseball on a full season basis was through the 90s, and the two biggest "shocks to my system" have been the increased number of broken bats and the amount of inexplicably bad umpiring calls, both on the bases and for the strike zones as well.

Don't remember if I brought it up during the season, but there was a Rangers/Mets game (played here on a Sunday) whre Nelson Cruz (iirc) was called out on a Strike 3 that was actually Strike 2. And nobody caught it! The broadcasters were like, "uhhhh...." but that was it until after the game. I was pissed at Wash & Co, for not having somebody catch it, but really, HTF does a MLB umpiring crew let something as basic as the ball-strike count get away from them?

And some of these strike zones...I knew last night it was crazyass, but these days you got the graphs you can go to almost as soon as the game is over to confirm your suspicions. If there's any consolation in this one from last night, it's that it was more or less equally bad, but there's too many blatant misses here to be consoled by that...

There are few things that give me greater pleasure than watching a team of arrogant bullies LOSE to a Wild Card team in the playoffs.

So! Who you gonna steal second on with a six run lead NOW, fucking Phillies?

The bastard sons-of-bitches got what they deserved.

FUCK Philadelphia.

Congrats to the Rangers on their return trip to the ALCS. I hope they or Detroit (assuming NY does indeed fall to the Tigers) can stick it to Mr. Lee in the World Series, should the Phillies get that far as well.

Looks like the Cardinals handled that for ya'...now maybe the Brew Crew can take care of Lance Berkman...JUSTICE!!!

Objectively, though, that was a stunner, to put it mildly...and I do hope that Howard is ok longterm. That was a haunting image...and did I hear the notorious BooBirds afterwards? I hope not, that was a helluva game.

As was the earlier one today. GREAT day for baseball!

Berkman?

Geez. He couldn't hit his shoelaces in that last at bat tonight.

Wow- that's real classy.

Wasn't trying to be.

No issues with Philly born sports guys calling SF players illegal aliens? Or an in-your-face stolen base and ensuing brawl with a 6 run lead late in the game? No problems with a classless manager putting down one of the best pitching staffs in the majors either?

Whatever. Just wait until that shit is all on your team. Then we see how you react, OK?

9th inning! It's either tie, go ahead, or go home!

(I really dislike the way Milwaukee uses its roof. They close it up even when unnecessary in order to raise the sound level and create a home field advantage. Not the way Houston uses its roof because of the heat and humidity.)

Oh, come on!

I believe Arizona kept its dome closed too for both games in Phoenix & it wasn't that warm outside.

Anyway, go Brewers!! :party:

Well, I was thinking about the WHOLE SEASON of Brewers using their roof that way and ending up with (surprise, surprise) an unbelievably good home record. What should the competing teams do to even it out? All build enclosed stadiums that they rig for home field advantage? I stick with my criticism of the Milwaukee team. It's a rare year I will not root for the NL team in the World Series, but not this year if it's Milwaukee. As much as I like the city and its friendly people! Philadelphia and St Louis had much better road records, and I like that.

Edited by Neal Pomea

And get rid of Joe Buck. He just made the lamest EXTRA-INNING WALK-OFF GRAND-SLAM HOME-RUN call in baseball history. "Ball hit well to left........that ends it"

Here's the local radio call by Eric Nadel

http://www.bbtia.com...nadel101011.mp3

Nothing silly, just making the call, letting the crowd read it just before you do, and then riding the wave instead of trying to create it. Might be a bit understated for some, but the guy travels in a car or any other TV-free environment really, really smoothly, werars well, like a fine suit that's tailored to last.

I will say this, I've been at the Ballpark once for a dramatic walkoff, and when he says the Ballpark is exploding, he ain't exaggerating

mlb_a_cruz01jr_576.jpg

With an ending like this, we ain't even going to look at the graph of tonight's strike zone...

I like how some inside skinny floating around here is that Fox pushed to postpone last night;s game because of the "possibility" of rain and then rescheduled it as a day game b/c FOX wanted minimal interruption to their primetime lineup tonight..

Sorry that didn't work out for ya' Fox, hope the the few extra hours of nail-bitin', panty-peein' baseball made up for it.

303848_10150859543065384_92931665383_21238476_1985800629_n.jpg

And still not trying to be. :rolleyes:

Oh. Hold me back. Ted posts yet another put down.

How predictable.

Do you ever post something which might [oh, dare I say it] actually be on topic and connected at least a little bit with the thread? Nah. I didn't think so.

I like how some inside skinny floating around here is that Fox pushed to postpone last night;s game because of the "possibility" of rain and then rescheduled it as a day game b/c FOX wanted minimal interruption to their primetime lineup tonight..

Sorry that didn't work out for ya' Fox, hope the the few extra hours of nail-bitin', panty-peein' baseball made up for it.

303848_10150859543065384_92931665383_21238476_1985800629_n.jpg

I think Fox was mighty ticked at the extra innings- they had the season premiere of 'House' on last night and I beleive that show gets pretty good ratings.

Whatever else happens this season, THAT was freakin' magical!!!

... less'n of course y'all are rooting for the other team ...

but I take your point.

Ouch! :) Well, at least the Lions are 5-0!

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/legendary/libvf100.shtml

Footnote: No. 19 clearly comes from the pre-Steroid era in baseball.

It's karma. No way the Sunday night game should have been postponed as early in the day as it was.

No me gusto Fox!!!

I don't know about Karma, but your guys are looking pretty motivated right now.

There are anywhere from 4 to 12 games left in the Rangers' 2011 season. I would very much enjoy seeing the starting pitching get motivated to perform at the level of the rest of the team for these remaining games.

And then there is The Curse Of Comerica...

Not very many games left for the year, but still plenty of baseball to be played.

Edited by JSngry